Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 Wasn't Soooooo Bad....

Sometimes we long for the winds of change to carry us far above earthbound cares and troubles. The cycle of renewal turns like a color wheel; a seed sends forth its green and, at last, a rainbow of living hues.

Let me reflect here about last year....
I saw Blue Rodeo with Charlie in April...
Kelly got married and had a baby in July...
Visited PR 2x and didn't die...
Guy & Donna got married FINALLY...
Saw Avril Lavigne (haha) in August...
Found my beloved Bruce again after a 10 year absence...
Ayla started middle school in Sept. Grade 6...
I got bumped up into a management position at work and make a wee bit more moola...
Ayla started Hip Hop Dance classes...
Sister Kim ended an old relationship and started a new one with Rob...
Met Don in October...believe it or not that was good experience despite the outcome...
Saw Henry Rollins in Nov with Erica and Bruce and got to meet Vicki!
I became Shawn's fag hag, our friendship took a turn for the better this year...
Cathy came for a visit in Dec for xmas and while the trip to PR wasnt IDEAL it was still good to see everyone..I especially loved wee Maddie and her loveliness.
And Connie is PREGNANT!!!!!! woot woot!
So now...its 2006...
Ive already started off the year with a bang (ha!) so what will 2006 bring?
Clarity I am hoping..
Organization...and focus.
Change a few habits...
Get my sprog smartened up...
I am also going to purge some more this year...
shed some old hang ups and that sort of shit...
I refuse to make resolutions cuz i think theyre gay...I dont stick to anything anyway.
I also need to start focussing on partnering up I think...
while part of me thinks im incapable another part of me thinks im getting too old to fuck around anymore...
Either way I am leaving my SPINSTER HOTLINE voice mail greeting on my phone b/c it cracks me up when I call myself to get messages. haha
I hope u all had a decent year...
I know some of you experienced some loss...love and the like...
The world keeps spinning...


No comments: