Tuesday, January 31, 2006

and wind...whispers..jennnnnnnnifer

It is windy like as a mofo today...I love it The other day we went with Guy to the ocean whilst a storm was raging and the waves were FABULOUS...the wind nearly took Ayla off her feet... It was so windy and wet I couldn't really take any decent pictures but I tried to get a few w/o wrecking the camera. 

Then we went for Japanese and OMG this woman at our table was so obnoxious...she went on and on about how rich her in-laws were and was domineering as a bitter old nun. Guy & I are sure she was insane. But the Japanese Village is always a sure thing in the food dept...no matter who u get seated with (last time it was warty circus ppl) the food kicks ass. 

So @ this time...12 yrs ago...I was in the early stages of labor...I think Aunty Pam and I were playing cards... Ayla was born at 750 am Feb 1st...was a long night but it was a smooth labor and birth despite my small moment of insanity around midnight. 
At midnight things were picking up...I was in my bed, writhing about, cursing the donor dead with all the force my being could muster...crying...having a general freak out...then I said *HEY WAIT A MINUTE this is not why you took the hippy midwife birthing classes...this is not why you read 834758347587345 books on how to birth peacefully...this is not the experience you wanted*....so I proceeded to pull my head out of my butt and relax and focus (ok my spirit left my body im sure hahah) until about 4 am where I wandered out to the living room and woke up good ol aunty pam and said LETS GO. 

After that it was all crotch poking and hospital formalities...wee pin head (thank christ) Ayla Juniper slipped into the world peacefully and straight into her aunty pam's heart... Me, I was scared shitless. hahahahahahhaa I even let Pam hold her 1st. She was a cute little hairy monkey...it only took 1 hr and her face didn't have the birth canal squashed look...So yeah...memory lane...la la la 

I have tomorrow off and I am making Ayla a roast beef dinner...if I was a real good mom I'd try to make yorkshires but...oh heck (hahaha) maybe I will. im off to costco tonight with shawn to buy veggies & return some pants Ayla hated...plus I need to hear about shawn's gay love affair he has going on b/c it thrills me out of my mind to see him so happy! 

Otherwise...nothing else is new...I have gone to bed early the last few nights b/c I have been so tired so I am hoping I am a little more energetic. DEAD LIKE ME was a rerun last night...boo.

No comments: