Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shut Up & Sing To Me Leo!

Went and saw The Number 23 today...was interesting...I have a little OCD where #'s are concerned so I thought i would find it interesting...
There was this part where a body hits the pavement from a 3rd story window and someone in the theatre yelled GAWD DAMMIT bc it scared the shit out of him...that was the best part of the movie haha
I watched THE DEPARTED last night with a friend...omfg Leonardo, arent u just growing up and looking like a man! I have always been a Leo fan...no one plays a retard like Leo...OMG I LOVE YOU LEONARDO!!!!! (oh yeah and Marky Mark you fucking rule)
I have now just watched SHUT UP & SING...gawd that whole thing was so fucking insane...which is why I smiled so broadly when the DC's won all 5 Grammys they were nominated for. Fuck you redneck shits and fuck you chickenshit country radio...oh yeah and fuck you Toby Keith...hahah i love saying fuck you....fuck you George Bush....fuck you Paris Hilton...fuck you Stephen Harper...fuck you Gordon Campbell...fuck you Cher...fuck you Donald Trump...and fuck you too!
Theraputic!

So yeah its been quite the movie weekend.

Ive booked my holidays for April 3rd...being away from work for a week will be great bc ill be out of town and completely UNreachable. Ohhhh the bliss.
Im ditching the Bettie Page book...I just can not make myself finish it...im tempted to rip all the pictures out to make it worth even buying and then turfing it...

a poorly written book is blasphemy...and this coming from a person not even highly educated...if i can tell its poorly written then fuck yeah it must be bad.
I am not sure what I will read next...I have a stack of possibilities though so im not too worried...and whatever I choose is sure to be better than the last piece of crap.
At www.matthewgood.org there is a good post about the effects the 2010 Olympics will have on the non-wealthy ppl of vancouver, most specifically the poor...like when expo 86 rolled into town and the rents sky rocketed and social problems were hidden away for the good of tourism. It really is rather disgusting that none of that $ will be rerouted into any social programs. It was clear by some of the comments left that the ol GET A JOB OR DIE attitude is alive and well in the hearts of many.
I just dont think its so simple...I see ppl who appear capable of working cashing welfare chqs every day...it can be disheartening but most of the ppl I see cashing WF chqs are legit folks who arent trying to fuck anyone over.
And a lot are clearly not workforce material, whatever the reasons...maybe i over identify with fucked up, down and out ppl, i dunno but...have at it...the $ spent on gov't waste and sending the military to Iraq pisses me off far far far more than anyone on welfare double dipping.
I watched a show about contact lens' today...BARF! I can not touch my eyeballs...I will wear glasses my whole life.

No comments: