Thursday, March 01, 2007

Misogyniacal Insanity of my Big Toe

Things about today:

*I have an anger problem

*Today a toothless old woman yelled at me, spit all over my window and the started bawling her head off
*Someone called me from Fort McMurray just to yell at me about Western Union

*The new girl is going to be ok I think, she wasnt hideous on day one and this is always great! She is a cute little red head.


Aside from all that no one died, although there were a few times I felt like it would be best if I just gave up and did so. ha ha

Ayla hung out with some gals after school and it seems like she had a good day...and wasnt even up to no good! IMAGINE THAT!

She has been pretty nice lately, well for her...so this is good.

I just tried reading a Margaret Atwood book...I loved the Handmaids Tale but a few others ive started never really reeled me in...

So I started reading this book called Misogynies: Reflections on Myths and Malice by Joan Smith....yeah, like I need more reasons to be in a perpetual state of pissed off-ness....jesus christ... { In this collection of stinging essays Joan Smith explores the phenomenon of women-hating in politics, religion, history, literature, and popular culture on both sides of the Atlantic. A fascinating collection from the mind of a scholar, educator, and observer of our society, MISOGYNIES will make readers of both genders wonder more about the excuses for hatred of women we create as a society, why we accept them, and what it means to all of our lives.}

I bought the book over a year ago from a thrift store just b/c the cover is COOL....its a painting of these 2 naked women, with weirdo boobs and nipples and giant afros of red hair....I cant find a pic online of it, sorry bit anyhow...its proving to be a very cool read and its making at the little braincells in my head go *ooh la la*

No comments: