Thursday, April 19, 2007

i gotta get a tan

Imagine being deserted on an island...as a child. You have lost your sight and your hearing and your ability to speak, you don't know where to go or what to do so you just lay in one spot.

THIS IS THE FUCKING DREAM I HAD AFTER ADRIENNE MADE ME WATCH LOST LAST NIGHT!!!
I find this little person and since the depths of my empathy and guilt have no limits this helpless thing becomes MY responsibility! So the whole dream is me desperately trying to feed it and make sure its not dieing which i have NO idea b/c all it does is twitch and writhe around, probably b/c its starving to death as the island dogs get THEIR FAIR SHARE OF THE FOOD.

Ohhh yes it was a fabulous dream.
Anyway...moving on with the day...

are u disturbed by chickens with no beaks? Just curious.


Tonight gay shawn and i are hanging out and going to see a flick...Blades of Glory or Sharkwater or something.

Gotta catch up with him...I'm sure he has shit going on, whereas I do not haha I never have anything to tell him as far as changes or things going on in my life bc I'm pretty mellow and I don't do too much, no drama WHATSOEVER etc and that's the way I like it!
I hate to bring it up b/c its freaky deaky overkill on tv right now but....am I the only one sickened by the media response to the Virginia tech shootings? 33 dead....yes tragic (cant help but imagine this happening at my daughters school)...quite...but wheres the horrific news coverage of the 300+ Iraqi's killed yesterday? Wheres the coverage of the trauma those ppl and children experience walking past dead bodies to get to school and work everyday? And why does no one care about the lingering effects of this on those people who survive?
I am finding myself becoming more and more removed from local "tragedies" when it is so painfully obvious no ones giving a shit about bigger issues out there simply b/c the brown folk don't count...yep that's what i think....western media/ppl aren't too worried about the brown folk in other parts of the world....you can tell bc if a white tourist gets killed in one of these countries its all over the news....

The whole thing sickens me.

Its hardly being talked about aside from a handful of ppl willing to be VERY unpopular during wartime.

No comments: