Saturday, November 01, 2008

Daylight Losing Time


Another Halloween survived and mainly avoided.
Is it just me or were there less fireworks this year? (which is always a good thing in my mind) Never grew up with fireworks living in the prairies as a kid and even moving to BC as a teen permanently I cant get used to ppl running about with mini bombs making too much noise, potentially blowing fingers off or blinding ppl.

I didn't even get dressed yesterday and it was beautiful...

McCain on SNL last night trying to be hip was disturbing but it was worth watching b/c Ben Affleck the host is a raging Democrat and he made no secret of it so that made me smile.
I was thinking about this election yesterday, pondering the importance of it, not just to the US itself but for the whole world. I sure hope the Dem's have it b/c another Rep gov't gets voted in by the ppl and I seriously will wash my hands of that whole fucking country...they wont notice or care but....whatever haha I just cant imagine what would have to go on for ppl to make that change happen...if u ignore the war business and just look at the Hurricane Katrina episode in a long line of bad bullshit, to me thats reason enough for make a switch.

Watching the Fifth Estate the other night and seeing the state New Orleans is still in after Hurricane Katrina it makes u shake your head that a country as grand and pompous as the US could turn a blind eye to one of their own cities in need...Oh...wait...its mainly black ppl in plight and poverty in the New Orleans...never mind, I get it now.
I wonder if GWB has any idea the fucking mess he's made of things? Do you think he is so deluded he thinks he is a good president and has done anything noteworthy in the last 8 yrs? I hope at night when hes all alone (Laura Bush is out of course getting her groove on with someone who challenges her at a game of Scrabble) he gets it...and feels some shame...sadly I doubt he is capable of that much introspection.

All my clocks are different times...gotta fix that today or ill end up at work an hour early tomrrow and that would SUCK.

I got 2 more hats from my crotcheting jail friend....Oh they are sweet too.....must find cameraaaaaaaaaa....

No comments: