Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ok ok ok

Feb 11 2009

The last 2 days I have woken (bad english im sure) up at 5 am, unable to go back to sleep until 6 am, my usual get up time...likely b/c I have been going to bed by 10 pm out of sheer boredom and a lack of any other reason to remain conscious. I have been trying to cook more dinners...so I get home from work...I make dinner, clean up, play with the dishwasher and then I bore myself into a coma whilst doing crossword puzzles in bed. You know u are lame when you fall asleep doing crossword puzzles every night. I am rapidly becoming intensely boring.

I went and saw Revolutionary Road on Sunday...wow. Now I know I am a little bias b/c I am in love with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio already but...I dont think there is any denying that the 2 of them have some serious on screen chemistry...it was a really great movie and marriage in the 50's looked as bleak as bleak can be...it is easy to forget the lack of choice women had back then, not just as single women in "trouble" but as a married woman. Frank (husband, played by my boyfriend Leonardo) was seemingly charming but like most men (HAHAHA kidding, sort of) was a real bastard...the subtlty of his manipulating personality was amazing..."Ohhh what wife? You dont love me? Well then you must be insane and need to visit an asylum for a while or at least seek psychiatric help b/c if u dont love me you MUST be insane and not well enough to care for your 2 existing children."
Nice. Asshole.
I wont give away the ending but I am still trying to determine if the end was intentional or not.
And wtf.....the 2 sex scenes in this movie amounted to about 20 seconds of thrusting, fully clothed. I'd stop having sex is it involved a one sided 20 second thrust-frenzy. Oh wait I have stopped having sex...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DISHWASHER UPDATE: well so far so good....im still kinda working out the details of my own kitchen organization but...thus far it is going alright...im finding I do have more counter space oddly enough...I do however have to go buy a set of non-chunky dishes...I don't have many dishes, just one set of big thick plates that hardly fit in the DW'er and I have always wanted to go pick up a set of the wee skinny and less chunky Corelle ones for daily use etc....so I think I am gunna do that...finding a set of Corelle plates that are not adorned with an ugly pattern will be the real challenge...they do make some funky ones but man some are butt ugly. I will aim for the plane white ones. Also -I hope they don't come with coffee cups or I am leaving those at the store...

Still waiting - ever so impatiently - at work to find out who won the posting competition for our units supervisory position...I only know of 3 ppl who tried for it: 1 -if she gets it we will all be hanging from the fucking rafters at work the day it is announced and the server will crash b/c we will all be online looking to apply 4 other jobs.... 2 - I don't know her well but it would be better than the first... 3 - my personal choice....so we are all in limbo and hoping like a motherfucker #1 does not pull the win out of her ass b/c unit morale will PLUMMETTTTTTTTTT. The place does not run smootly with #1 at the helm...not at all...there is a lot of unrest and its an unorganized shit show. If all the old school folk in the unit left #1 would shit her pants bc she would have no one to go to for the answers she doesnt have any clue about.

No comments: