Tuesday, March 31, 2009

shamwow!

March 31 2009

1st day back at work in 10 days...this has been the weirdest virus....slowest going anyway. You know, usually your body has a routine for cold and flu virus....and for me within 3 days I am full blown with everything and then its just hell until im on the mend...not this one...as I said I started getting sick last Sat the 21st...by Monday I had an all over feeling of crapness but nothing specific....it morphed into minor symptoms of a few things over the next few days....but still nothing full blown but just enough to render u useless. By the time my vacation days kicked in I felt like crap with a head cold....and just over all blah ness....now im morphing into chest cold which is always the key think I try to avoid when sick b/c I hate coughing more than damn near anything.
I cant predict how this is gunna go b/c this whole germy affair has not been typical for me at all.
I do know though that I am weary of feeling like crap.

The weekend was an adventure despite all of the above. Hot Donna and I drove up to Nanaimo to look around at JYSK and have lunch with my family...was fun...the purpose of the trip was for Guy's big dinner where he was half assed surprised to walk into a hall with nearly 100 ppl staring at him. Guy was honored with the Nature Trust of BC's Conservation Champion Award for all his years of conservation and volunteer GOODNESS! His family was there from all over BC and Washington State and James came all the way from the Yukon or the NWT to be there...plus friends, colleagues etc it was quite a turn out. Needless to say he was visibly uncomfortable but seemed to be adapting (or faking it better) by the time I left. It was a nice night to see everyone there for the same reason, for such a worth while reason. Guy deserves a thank you for all his hard work in the birding community and nature in general.

Was nice to see my family a little too....Kelly and Madelyn were up at Aunty Pam's so I got to see them too...then they drove me home Sunday and we all went to the petting zoo and Madelyn was overstimulated by all the baby goats and retarded kids and adults all over the goat pen. Ayla came too which Madelyn was over the moon about.

I am not even going to talk about the rest of the day b/c Id rather just fucking forget it. Whoever said ignorance was bliss was the smartest motherfucker to ever live.

Did I blather on about meeting Barb yet??!?!?!?! Must go look!

No comments: