Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gramma

I am old. Leaving the house at 1130 pm to go anywhere is rather unheard of...I wandered down to Logan's...it was dead as a door nail due to a bunch of other shows going on around town sadly....so BLENDING IN was not as easy I had hoped....

I got myself an orange juice (if that's not hardcore I dunno what is) and scoped the place for an unassuming spot to plant myself....I chose to lay low at the back...I was there 4 minutes when this extremely drunk man came and stood beside me...in my mind I am screaming FUCK OFFFFF at top volume...not making eye contact, eyes to the floor, inching further away every second...I could tell he was looking at me...and I wanted to die...I kept ignoring him...but eventually he swooped right into my face and in what only language a drunk person can speak said:

Drunk: Hey! Am I good looking?
Me: Are u fucking kidding me?
Drunk: No...Im theriouthhhhhhhh... {that's *serious* is drunk speak in case u missed it}...my girlfriend of 8 years just dumped me and she told me I wasn't good lookin' and now I am thinking I am not good looking.
Me: I am sure she was just mad at you, don't worry about it.
Drunk: No but theriouthly....do you think ima good looking guy?
Me: {at this point I am amused} I am sure sober you are a good looking guy.
-this is the point he start playing with his hair overtop of my drink which I promptly move-
Drunk: Well, you know I live just a block away, we could go party at my house if ya want....
Me: I just got here and I am not going to your house.
Drunk: WELL I DIDNT MEAN WE WAS GUNNA FUCK!
Me: I did not presume such an atrocity.
Drunk: *undetectable drunk babble* Maybe I will go try out those girls over there...
Me: I think that's the best idea you have had tonight.

He eventually wandered off with 2 pals who before they left introduced themselves asking if I was the drunks friend...I said NO.

See...that's who I get....disgusting slobbering drunks in bars and 70 yr old men at Fairway Market. HA HA HA

The show was great...whether u like that music or not they are good...and of course I always enjoy being visually fixated by a certain someone but I gotta say it was a little odd having his ex there selling merch...being that it wasnt crowded I felt like I was sticking out like a sore thumb even though I am sure I managed invisibility as well as I always do (excluding drunk fuckhead guy)...afterwards I left promptly and hauled ass home in record time....of course I was WIDE AWAKE for another hour....going to bed at 2 isnt so bad when u dont wake up at 6 am. I dunno wtf is wrong with me waking up so fucking early all the time...I have a lot of energy these days but I am not getting quite enough sleep...I think this week I will make myself be in bed for 10 pm to make up for it.



No comments: