Monday, March 22, 2010

13 days!

Mmmmmm oatbar...

Good weekend in my world...had lots to do...rearrange the bedroom, clear out some crap, make room for G...tinkered so much I didn’t get around to making my looked-fwd-to weekly calls (sorry Aunty Cathy!! I will cat you very soon, don’t worry!) or get stuff prepared food wise for the week...grrrr. I did get to see Aunty Pam and Uncle Jim for dinner and a wee visit when they dropped Ayla off and took away the elliptical (WOOHOO!)...so interesting to watch Ayla struggle with things I recall so vividly at her age...the intensity of taking everything personally, of thinking your family are completely insane and mental and do not understand you...shit, I recall that quite clearly seeing as my whole family thought I was a Satanist at 16 HA HA HA (not even kidding hahaha) I do really like Ayla’s recent shift...I was hoping this would come around knowing full well she was raised to be a thinking person...she’s rethinking consumerism (selectively at this point) and will shop at thrift stores rather than demanding 100.00+ handbags etc. This is a huge relief.

Roller Derby was meh. The sport itself I like and enjoy but the venue was welfare and shitty so I won’t go again unless it’s at a place where there are bleachers so you are ABOVE the derby track...standing level to the bout going on is most unenjoyable in such a crowded place...u can’t really see shit all. The Victoria PARALYMPICS SPORTS CHALLENGE that me, Donna, Amanda & Erin did before hand though was fun as shit...baseball, basketball, badminton, Frisbee, fire sticks etc Man we are a sorry sight in the athlete dept but nobody has as much fun as we do fucking around that’s for sure! I just found out Graeme loves badminton....o-m-f-g this is gunna be great! A live in badminton partner!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly Monday came around and its back to work but it is a short week as I have Friday off...and then the week after is a super long w/e with that Easter bullshit then the next weekend I have the Friday off again so its 3 awesome short work weeks in a row...it’s like...like...having good sex at xmas time....whilst eating pizza and chocolate! {drool}

My Swiss Chalet experience last night was weird. It was like I walked into an old folks home (imagine Swiss Chalet on a Sunday night) – everything took forever I guess b/c they assume everyone there is so near death they won’t complain, they’re just happy someone’s taken them out of the nursing home...but I had good chat company so that made it okay...not in love with SC though...it’s just like Denny’s only mostly chicken hahaha

2 comments:

Maggie Ellwyn said...

thought you werent eating any more oat bars?

funny how ayla's anti-consumerism corresponds with her lack of employment??

Conky said...

I have the OCCASIONAL one hahaha

hahaha @ that theory hahaha

thats why i said SELECTIVE...bc when i bought her powdered laundry soap she got soooo mad and said it was a waste of $ and she wont use it bc she only washes in cold water to save the universe then yer mom bought her the all in one washing/drying sheets and she was HAPPY and they werent a waste of $ at all lol