Monday, March 15, 2010

yeowwwww

I am horribly distracted these days...and was pondering it earlier (as I was distracted from work once again). I have a whole new life starting in a few weeks, that sounds kinda dramatic but it is true. A whole new life. I haven’t had a whole new life since I had Ayla 16 years ago and my old life prior was in need of something....not sure getting knocked up was the brightest idea to initiate change BUT whatever haha

Now I find myself at a crossroads again...it’s kind of like when I was pregnant 1 month before my due date and the impending NEW LIFE THINKING was upon me, I would sit and over-think everything to death when I was pregnant, for obvious reasons, I was scared shitless quite honestly...this time I am not shitting the bed about it at all. I feel rather zen about it and I question myself on that b/c this is not my typical response to such a giant change, along with the limbo of employment and the pure torture of living with a 16 year old.

Could it be true...that this tattoo last fall that I got to constantly remind myself the not be a spazz and not let fear mind-fuck me has really infiltrated my head and subliminally done some super magic in there? Or maybe I am going through a phase? Time will tell but seriously...I still freak out about shit but for some reason I am not letting shit ruin me currently which is kinda nice...it’s the effects of Prozac (minus the hideous eye twitch) without the Prozac.

So yeah...you can call me Zen Jen...Jen of Zen...Jen of Zenville....or call me the Enchanting Princess Guenevere...whatever suits you.

Tattoo Convention was groovy, highlight being Start With the Cobra’s set....gawd they are good...even at 5 pm, in a brightly lit arena! Donna & Andrea were drunk, I was not (this is the usual situation). I was however tired as fuck from standing around all damn afternoon so by the time it was time for Bloody Betty at 8 pm I was ready 4 bed (gawd I am so hardcore) haha The Bloody Betty show was interesting...the FEAR FACTOR part of it was especially gross. The 2 ppl on stage drank skanky old dirty sock water...then cups with 4 live fishies in them (gag!), then a shot glass full of mealworms, then king worms (bigger version of mealworms...gross!)...then they ended it by smoking a joint full of pubic hair....

MY GOD. I watched in horror for most of it and was quite PO’d my camera batteries died back at the Tattoo Convention.

By the end of the night I was dead and went home vowing I was done going out for a few weeks...I did go see Alice in Wonderland earlier that day and quite enjoyed it...I know some ppl have been poopoo’ing it but I really liked it. Johnny Depp was great and having not read the book prior or knowing a lot about it I didn’t have any grand expectations so it was a nice pleasant undertaking.

Next Saturday Donna & I are going to see the Eves of Destruction Roller Derby wingding WOOHOO! We are excited b/c neither of us have been before and it’s gunna be FUN to watch hot grrls on roller skates beat the crap out of each other.

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I hardly recognise you these days - going out all the time, being Zen. I can't keep up!

Conky said...

me either apparently....im old and tired lol