Friday, December 24, 2010

Fisting Shaking!!!

this is what Sidney thinks of the ferries not running!
Ohhh man...the wind has Maggie, David and the Squid stuck in Comox b/c the ferry wouldn't run yesterday! They have been camped out at the terminal (you have to leave your car) since 430 this morning and they already canceled the 1st sailing at 630 am...I am SOOOOO hoping the 10 am sailings happens...and the wind dies down enough to make it safe!
I would suspect Maggie is losing her shit right about now...car full of xmas loot and nearly a week away from home...Sidney was DONE traveling when they were here and it being xmas eve day and all I can only imagine being stranded is really about as NON-FUN as something can be. I am soooooooo willing the wind to eff off so they an get home and Donna B. can get TO the island to see her family 4 xmas! What a mess. I hope it all works out...for everyone. Terrible timing. (Just realized Guy and Donna are trapped off island as is Ash and Joel! Bah!!)

Mags visit was good...man that woman can SHOP. She is like a robot...not even kidding. haha Sidney was cute as ever but man am I ever outta baby mode...I used to think ppl were just lame for being outta baby mode when Ayla was little but...now I get it...they are exhausting! He is even an exceptionally good baby...when I am around baby-ppl I am on high danger alert and it sucks the life force from me...I am always 5 mins ahead of dangerous scenarios 2 keep baby-ppl safe so b4 I realize it I am DEAD in the HEAD from all my proactive worrying! I watched him Wed. night for 3ish hours while M & D were shopping and he was happy 4 the most of it but he had 2 sad crying times and I just can't deal. hahahaha Him and his train set though....UBER CUTENESS I gotta say.
It was nice to have some family around this week...I admit it. Not just b/c they showed up with a SEVERELY GENEROUS gift either...{40 inch LCD TV - thank you Mags, David, Pam & Jim!}
It is a sweet machine I gotta say...Ayla's quote: "wow it looks way less ghetto in here now" - thanks kid. ::eyeroll::

Tonight we have having some lovely lesbos over...Amanda and Erin...and Donna is coming over too...YAY!!!!!!!!! We will snack and drink and Wii and be merry 4 sure. Ayla will be in attendance as well...I have a lot to do today...slow day of puttery goodness...I feel so bad for Maggie and Co. and everyone else...I would be losing my shit.

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh man, I sure hope your friends make it over. That is not the place to be stranded on Christmas, especially with kids.

My friend managed to make it home from Heathrow yesterday, despite all assumptions that she would be camped there for weeks.

Maggie said...

we made it home. thanks for getting drunk in our honour.

sidney was AMAZING as usual or i would have absolutely lost my cool somewhere in the 14 hours we spent cooped up in the car.

and thanks for having us stay and for minding him. sorry we took so long .. running on ellwyn time. *eyeroll*