Saturday, January 15, 2011

JellySquid Day

Beloved JellySquid
Today is jellysquid day...I am gunna paint...I have a little project on the go (hahah I typed "on the ho" by accident and laughed right then) and need to get at it...I have 6ish things I have to hand-make and send to people so...I am on it.

I have 3 days off and not 1 plan which pleases me greatly. Last night went walking with Donna...I am absolutely astounded at my stupidity in the health dept. I was on a really good roll a year ago and the last year I let it all slide back to shit. Essentially I am starting over...The 50ish lbs I lost I am fairly certain I have gained all back so this is it...I am on the go and actually committed to making permanent diet changes...I am weaning myself off fruit yogurt and making myself eat plain Balkan yogurt...(thanks to D & GM) It is a bit of a challenge...I LOVE sugar and yogurt is like ice cream when u are avoiding sweets...sweets like ice cream, chocolate, pie, cake etc It is certainly a healthier choice but I don't want it to become my crutch and I can tell my palate is freaking out b/c plain yogurt tastes like splooge to me (how many ppl gagged reading that?)...having to re-loose weight I already lost is really ghey...and I am bitter about it to say the least. I have decided to get off the bus earlier so I can route my walk home UP the evil Cook Street hill every day...that hill - while my nemesis - was a key factor to getting my cardio abilities up so I am not a gasping asshole going up stairs or inclines...I gauge how I am doing by how my body conquers that hill...the more grace I can conquer it with with time proves to me my body is actually responding to the exercise...something about turning 40...I am not sure what but it is like in your head u get that u are middle aged and the time for fucking around and being careless is done.

4 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've decided it's time I kick my own ass back to health too. It's amazing how easily I can slip back to the same old habits I thought I had conquered. I need to be under video surveillance or something.

Conky said...

Do it...Ive already lost 10 lbs. THANK YOU NEW BATHROOM SCALE that mocks me every time I am in the bathroom...I feel as though I have DEFEATED it when I step on it and am a little less...hehe FUCKER!

Cyndy said...

So what are you doing exactly? I really need to do something (I say this as I am eating a choc covered special K bar) soon. My back is killing me.

Conky said...

same thing I did last time...i eat the same foods...im not "dieting" really....I cut out the obvious culprits (no candy, no chips, no pop, etc)and reduced my portions by 2/3 but eat more frequently...I am paying special attention to avoid the foods that are impossible 4 me to not pig out on...so I avoid carbs and anything with added sugar...with a few exception...I love ypgurt and while im trying to switch to plain its gunna be a long process of mixing it half and half as the plain just tastes like butt to me. With the portion mindfulness...I am walking...so far I am walking 3 nights a week...5K (thats just 1 hour of a good hilly walk) and daily I walking part way to and from work (about 20-25 min each way) -as I lose some more weight I will walk more at night but I am trying to be careful not to wreck myself. Honestly this is the only thing I feel like I can stick to for any length of time...I dont need more food than I am eating currently I am just a compulsive eater and in the habit of eating BIG and then feeling full (aka like crap). My head is not caught up yet...psychologically I think I will forever have to be on myself to eat light.