Friday, January 07, 2011

Lentils - the New Crack

Loved G's batch of DAL he made this week with chicken and yummy goodness. its quite good with brown rice!  Now I wanna do more lentil eating....

It is a rainy RAINY Friday here on Vancouver Island...and payday...I have decided I need some new shoes. My lesbian brown shoes are failing me and have taken all the weight they can and are just not up to par for the walking I am getting back into...my black ugly runners - I just effing hate them and their grossness & they have NO TREAD at all and are slippery as shit in the rain...and even though I clearly have a tendency to wear lesbian shoes I DO NOT CARE...nor do I care that I like hiker looking shoes and never hike. I am not a lesbian hiker and that is the simple truth...but gawd dammit I like those shoes. I am gunna go for gray ones this time though...hopefully...I wish i knew someone who worked at a show store with a discount....fuggg it hurts my feelers to dump $ like that on shoes but as my Grandad used to say "you gotta have GOOD shoes!"

Donna and I are going walking tonight after dinner...we made a pact to not make our HANGING OUT be about food anymore...her and I dine out a lot...did anyway...now we will walk! And eventually we will dine out for yummy salads and such but right now - for me anyway - I am too delicate to go into a restaurant.

G's stocking stuffer finally came in the mail yesterday...I received it well b4 xmas but sent it back (ebay purchase) b/c I thought for the $ I spent on it it should have dried glue squishing out of the gears etc...made it look welfare as shit so i sent it back and figured the replacement wouldn't make it in time 4 xmas so I planned accordingly...the new version is great....kinda looks like the pewter one he already had but this brass steampunk version is pretty cool...she also sent me a brass looking tree pendent for my trouble which I actually like and will wear once I remove the butterfly on it...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rain? serious? Unusual for us to not have rain when you do. It's nice here and the sun poked out for a bit even.
I have been an footwear whore in the past couple months. I bought new running shoes, new leather boots (Blundstones are so comfy) and new winter/rubber boots, total cost way to much!

Conky said...

its clearing now...but yeah this morning it was sooo dark, windy and raining quite heavily.

yeah shoes....its nice to have options though isnt it?! some time when I am flush, maybe in springwhen they all go on sale i wanna get some boots for when its stupid rainy/snowing.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I made a lentil curry last night too, and it was The. Best. Thing. Ever.

I may just have to get myself some lesbian hiker shoes.

Conky said...

ya ive gone lentil crazy...i cant wait 4 the next batch!!!

as for the LHS - youll NEVER go back!