Monday, December 19, 2011

Renewed Love Affair

Yes I am having a renewed love affair with violins & cello...far more reliable than a human...a violin won't bootleg for your underage daughter and a cello won't be so passive as to let a relationship slide into a mud bog to avoid it's own fear...Ohhh yes...seeing that quartet at Tori Amos has blown on the embers of my cello/violin love...Not gunna lie - I really like some of my favorite music redone by cellos and violin (Apocalyptica does amazing Metallica covers) but for the most part I listen to whatever...I have no idea what I am listening to most of the time and don't really care...

Crapmas is nearly here...things are nice at my house...Ayla has been fantastic since I got back from Vancouver (knock on wood) and we are getting along really well...chatting up a storm...
Turns out she needed glasses after her eye appt last week and man does she look cute in them...thank gawd there was a 50% off sale...so with my reimbursement  and the sale she got 800.00 glasses for 150.00...not too shabby. She is unsure of them, new glasses and all but once she's used to them she will be fine...she doesn't need to wear them all day (neither do I), just for distance...not sure if she will wear them all the time like I do....not likely.

I feel as though I have the hips of a 124 yr old woman today...looking fwd to some post xmas focus on proper eating...such a fucking cliche...that's me. I own it....whatever - suck my dick.

Back to work tomorrow...I have had a good stretch off....time to get a little routine going again and really...I work for 4 - get 4 off - work 3 - get 4 off....I feel like the queen of sheba ffs...
Puscifer is in Vancouver in March...I am NOT allowing myself to go....and that is FINAL! {foot stomp} See how I just bossed myself around there...gotta do it sometimes...

Renos have started in the apt below us....finally (sat empty a year) - it is AWESOME right now...no one lives above or below us...so I am taking full advantage of being able to play my music at a pleasingly loud level without pissing anyone off or being rude. It will enable me to have ppl over Xmas Eve too and not worry about noise. I am really looking forward to to this shindig...all my bestest fun peeps are coming...sadly Lisa has family obligations so she will be missing :o( but a good time shall be had - I am sure of it...I am setting up an 'art' project for the guests and some lucky attendee will take home the result of it...ahahaha Oh gawd...I will be sober of course (as to not repeat the stupidity of last yrs most retarded xmas EVER) and glad for it.

I have ordered this documentary about the effects of fatherlessness...

Not a new concept by any means...but complex and epidemic...affecting both sons and daughters in negative ways and perpetuating the cycle of the problem....looking fwd to seeing it...I am kind of a sucker for sad stories so this will be interesting for me despite the fact - like many ppl - I have my own story x2 on this topic.

No comments: