Saturday, January 04, 2014

Please...

Oh great being that may rule the universe with such misunderstood motives...please do not let there be a very loud & verbal handicapped man behind me at tonight's Blue Rodeo concert. Not saying that last years experience was not enjoyable but...it is ALL I recall from the damn concert and  I would prefer to remember the show a bit more this year. I am easily distracted - I have a form of ADD mixed with a bit of a short term memory disorder so it makes for terrible recall at the best of times. That is what Kim & I are doing tonight...

Miss A. is home...which makes the house an instant whirlwind of chaos and noise...chaos and noise that I am determined to let flow so that I can enjoy it for the next 23 days...because after that the silence around here is going to be heartbreakingly overt and impossible to ignore. Mary is going back to Nanaimo for a few days...she is about ready to crack. It has been an obscene amount of pressure on her dealing with life after Kori's stroke. She is torn and feeling like she just needs to be with Cedar right now and sadly that means leaving Kori on his own. I will be visiting him after work this week to make sure he is stocked up on Bulk Barn candy (ha!)...I am really hoping his family will pick up the slack and visit more in Mary's absence. Kori is doing well...skull bone is back on and he is making progress, moving his arm and leg now...such a long road ahead. Hoping the fact he is hating being in the hospital is excellent motivation in the physio and rehab dept. Will certainly be much better once he is moved back to Nanaimo...

Not sure if I have kidney cancer (drama queen) or have pulled a muscle around where I think kidney pain exists...but...I hope it is gone soon b/c the hypochondriac in me is alive and well with unexplained twinges and such. I cannot believe I go back to work the day after tomorrow. So.fucking.disappointing.life.can.be. No disrespect to my work peeps of course - they are awesome but having to get dressed...and be in public every day....meh. I have given these pajama pants of mine a good work out this past 2 weeks let me tell you...I have lived in them and enjoy them so much that if I could get away with it I would wear them to work. I am pretty sure I would be productive too since I do not have a comfy couch in my cubical. But....it is the way of the world unless you are a retired millionaire...work you must.

Speaking of asshole millionaires...I saw The Wolf of Wall Street last week with Tracey. Omfg. What a great movie...but what a disgusting human being...the whole lot of them. As entertaining as the movie itself is (I spent almost 3 hours completely riveted) you walk away feeling dirty having been witness to such greed and dysfunction. Truly disturbing being that it is a true story and is for the most part it all happened. Jordan Belfort is/was a greedy turd. I do not care that he served his measly time for being an investment crook/scammer...he was ordered to repay $110 million to his victims via 50% of his income until it is paid off and he hasn't lived up to that so fuck him - no second chances for ppl who do not tow the line. And why is there no accountability here? If he was a regular person who did not pay a fine or live up to a court ruling he would be in jail again. Ridiculous. Kudos to Leonard DiCaprio for playing such a complete dirtbag with such finesse.

No comments: