Friday, January 17, 2014

Where have you been all my life Alex Ebert?

So I am watching the Golden Globes last week and this fella wins for best score...Oh my who is the jesus-y looking devil? He is funny and articulate while P-Diddy or whatever his damn name is kinda rapes his moment on stage...

Upon some internet sleuthing I read he is Alex Ebert...singer for Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros..."sweet jesus I hope they don't suck" is my 1st thought.
Ooooh 3 albums...1 song "Home" seems familiar...so for the last few days all I have listened to is the 1st album "UP FROM BELOW" 2009.
It is fast becoming one of my top 10 favorites...
It took me a few listens to see through the outer hippy hipster exterior...
Love this band and the sound from 2009...I tend to love 1st albums and shit dwindles for me after that. Time will tell...I am gunna savor this album for a while yet before I move on to 2012's "Here"...


No comments: