Friday, December 08, 2006

tissue please...

I went and saw Blood Diamond rather than Stranger Than Fiction...I knew this was going to be a traumatizing movie, having read about conflict diamonds etc but wow. Very powerful story and far better than I expected. It is extremely violent, which will make u sit there in awe that ppl live this way all the time all over the world. I have never been fond of diamonds and I can assure you'll never catch one on my person in this lifetime. It is disgusting. It is one of those moments of clarity where you find yourself embarrassed to be a human but feeling thankful, so very thankful, that you live where you live. I think I cried about 6 fucking times throughout the movie...

Leonardo was impressive...I cant stand crap accents in movies but he did the accent quite well and maintained consistency. The times I thought he wavered it was so obvious I think he was just talking in a local dialect...
It was disturbing to see these child soldiers, brainwashed, mindfucked, drugged, forced to kill, rape, pillage...and party to american gangster rap music...how fucking ironic is that? bling fucking bling alright.

I was glad they didn't turn a portion of the movie into some cheesy fuckfest/love story...

I think the bus driver tonight gave me shit but my music was too loud to hear. You know those moments where u get a feeling you're missing something so u shut your music off...yeah well as soon as i did he gave me a sarcastic thank u hahahah hahahaha hahahaha Guess he isn't a Tool fan.


Ayla's at her other home...THE MALL. Gawd how the hell do kids stand the fucking mall? I didnt like em all that much when i was a kid...mind u, that was back in the OLD DAYS I guess...b4 crappy music artists started doing mall tours and the like.

No comments: