Saturday, April 28, 2007

deer in your head lights


Nice sunny brisk day here on the Island...no complaints from me, I have nothing against the sun so long as it doesn't give off more heat than I decide is reasonable haha

Got some groceries today bc Adrienne and Tracey are coming over for snacks and some games...Ayla is having Niamh over as well so she wont be bored outta her mind.


Not sure if any of you heard about this or not...I just heard about it recently and was quite shocked at the fact i hadnt actually heard about it. This is the day and age of communication and technology and gawd knows if we have to hear about Anna Nicole's death saga then why not something like Malachi Ritscher's protest suicide? Imagine it...lighting yourself on fire in protest of the Iraq War and the media (or the puppetmasters that make the media sing and dance) decides its not worth covering...gotta hear about Anna Nicole's drug habit and weight loss, gotta see Britney Spears cooch, but sorry no time for an actual INTERESTING story.


Read about Malachi Ritscher HERE


I always get all dramatic and say shit like im gunna light myself on fire, now whenever the thought enters my mind I think about Mr Ritscher.


Ive listened to Matthew Good's AVALANCHE cd about 4 x this afternoon...I think it may be in my top 3 favorite albums of all time.... now that hes shared his mental illness struggles before, after and during the making of that album...it makes every song a little more...interesting...intriguing...madness and the like make for good art...Guy and I were talking about it, I asked if being an artistic genius meant you were doomed to be mental but he pointed out quite rationally that all sorts of ppl are mental...bus drivers, moms, accountants, farmers...just no one hears about them unless they lose it and kill someone...and its true...im sure the number of ppl suffering from a type of mental illness is staggering...bc i bet MOST of the ppl never get help and just live with it.

No comments: