Wednesday, October 31, 2007

displaced


I was downtown at the army and navy in vancouver yesterday and for the 1st time in my life felt the *fear*.

I don't generally get worked up over being in sketchy parts of town...in fact i used to roam all over Vancouver without a friggin care in the world...i never felt threatened or scared for my safety...possibly b/c when yer younger yer too dumb to know better...but really...even now here in vic homelessness and drug use is a big issue but i don't fear for my life walking downtown...

but man the other day i felt like an old crusty person standing out side the store in the thick of skid row...in about 30 mins i saw a few she-males, countless addicts, countless mentally ill ppl, cripples, hookers, saw a guy whacked on something rip his shirt off and smash a hooker up against a building....about 10 mins later he was accosting someone else and dragging them down the sidewalk to gawd knows what...it was intense ppl watching lemme tell ya.
the effects of the upcoming olympics is obvious...
granville street, which used to be one of my favorite places ever, is now looking like a friggin mall...all these high end clothing stores and shit line the whole street...hardly any street folk left on granville...theyre all down by the army and navy now...i wonder where they will get pushed to next? burnaby?
dont get me wrong...i dunno wtf the solution is but a very large percentage of the ppl i saw in just 30 mins belonged in a hospital and since the closure of riverview its obvious where they all ended up.
i really wanted to get some pictures but i thought id get stabbed/robbed for my camera if i took it out of my bag.
rollins was AWESOME....the show was long....3 hrs...entertaining as always.
sadly bruce was a no show so the other ticket was wasted.
i was glad arika and jason were there...i ended up staying at laura's when bruce was MIA...she saved my bacon....i really didnt want to rent a room...THANKS LAURA! xo
laura's new place is great....she has 3 g'pigs and 2 bunnies now....i love the noise the piggies make, reminds me of dripping water haha

didnt have much time to visit with laura but im hoping to lure her over here some weekend that im off...

ayla and niamh got dressed up here tonight....they let me curl their hair!!!!! awwwwwwww it was like i was part of the gang for a moment hahaha
they looked cute and had a good night....I love cousin kellys costume too...a deviled egg ha ha ha ha ha
i am absolutely BAGGED...im gunna sleep like a corpse tonight!
my cat is getting BIG already!!!! gawddddddddddddd

No comments: