Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shift?


I sure needed today off...It is my annual mental meltdown time and this week my level of self deprecation and inappropriate talk of self immolation was at an all time high.



I am pretty much done with work...I think I have hit burnout...now I just pine for regular working hours, decent pay and the beauty of going home and not being tormented by work all night long.


As it turns out I can't quit until I have someone to fill my shoes trained and ready to go...apparently the 1st 2 managers I trained, who now run their own stores doesn't count...so...



having just told my boss I am wanting to move on was a huge relief and my new tactic for work is this: I will work hard while I'm at work but I am done going that extra mile. There is no pay off.



Today Donna and I took her dog Duggan and this other retarded dog named Whistler to Island View Beach...was a grew few hrs of walking and getting some vitamin d. I am hideously pale as usual so I felt like a frigging glow worm...


The dogs provided MUCH entertainment (and annoyance) but it was a great afternoon. Prior to going and afterwards I got busy trying to tie up all the JUST MOVED IN loose ends around the place. ALMOST THERE!

Connie goes in to have her baby on Monday...I think it'll be another fiery redhead!


Mary and Kori's baby Cedar is absolutely lovely...unfortunately Mary ended up back in the hospital with a bad infection (yay 4 c-sections) so its been a pretty trying time for them but the baby is fabulous...last time I spoke to Kori he sounded friggin WIPED. Nothing like the reality of a newborn to kick you in the ass.

Trying to get Ayla's passport on the go here and just realized b4 I can apply I have to get her a full-sized birth certificate that shows my name on it...60.00
Fuckin eh!
Its almost 1 am, I should probably go read myself into a coma.

No comments: