Sunday, May 04, 2008

little hell flames



gotta say, it was a good flick...liked it way better than the Transformers...and Robert Downey Jr is fucking hot in it...but thats beside the point.

thats what I did today.


this is my new favorite poem by sylvia plath...i have a thing 4 poppies so this poem kinda did it 4 me...

i love poppies...i love the furry stems...and the furry little cocoon before the red petals pop out...i think the contrast as well gives me a boner....the red with black centers...


Poppies in July

Little poppies, little hell flames,
Do you do no harm?
You flicker. I cannot touch you.

I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.
And it exhausts me to watch you

Flickering like that, wrinkly and clear red, like the skin of a mouth.
A mouth just bloodied.

Little bloody skirts!
There are fumes that I cannot touch.

Where are your opiates, your nauseous capsules?
If I could bleed, or sleep! -------------

If my mouth could marry a hurt like that!
Or your liquors seep to me, in this glass capsule,

Dulling and stilling.
But colorless. Colorless.
-------------------------------

No comments: