Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post # 1101 - Seriously!

Wow...thank the lords of Hades that's over hey?
Such a season of severe mixed emotions for me...always glad when its done.
Sunday was the ultimate sloth day...I watched 4 movies in a row:
Good Will Hunting....really is a great movie. I hadn't seen it since it came out 4ever ago but I think I enjoyed it more this time, I love the underdog story riddled with emotion and a lot of swearing.
It's All Gone Pete Tong...been meaning to see this 4 a while now...I really liked it...the title - I learned after googling it - is in reference to when things go wrong...its all gone pete tong...movie isnt about Pete Tong at all, although he is in it 4 a minute or 2...anyhow...I loved the giant skunk junkie symbolism and the coming to terms with reality....
Disturbia...I love the kid in this movie...he cracks me up...wasn't a bad movie...didn't change my life or anything but I was entertained...and that's the whole point.
Sylvia...what is a Sunday without a Sylvia Plath movie...after seeing this mediocre movie I did some googling...and read up that the woman Ted Hughes left Sylvia for (Assia) ended up killing herself and their small daughter the same way Sylvia did (head in the oven)...pretty hard not to take that personally, all the women in your life off themselves...
Also watched Ned Kelly over the Xmas week too...interesting story, very embellished though and Heath Ledger wasn't all that great in it....he is like that though...he either sucks in movies or doesn't. No in between.
Went and saw The Reader tonight with Arika....I read the book years ago so I really wanted to see the movie...Arika read it as well years ago so it was interesting to say the least...the subject matter is really intense and the story sadly beautiful in a quirky way....
Holy movie whore Batman!

No comments: