Monday, January 26, 2009

!!!!!!!!

26 Things About Guy:

1) I've had two serious illnesses that almost killed me.
a) Spinal meningitis (6 weeks in hospital, age 5).
b) Mystery virus, which was likely bird flu (two weeks in ICU and weeks sick at home).

2) I get more pleasure out of walking in the wilderness, than from any other single thing I have ever experienced.

3) TV crime investigation dramas involving murder and autopsies cause me extreme anxiety, and thus I have never watched one all the way through.

4) My favorite food is smoked salmon.

5) I wish I could play the accordion.

6) I have not had a single strand of my hair cut since 10:15, September 8, 1988.

7) I paid for my second and third years at university by selling LSD, peyote, and mushrooms.

8) I started working full time during summer holidays at a lumber mill when I was 8 years old, and never had more than a day of vacation here or there until I left home at 18 years old. I either was at school, or doing hard labor, the whole time.

9) I have loved 7 women in my life.
Donna
Lisa
Lisa (a different Lisa)
Anne
Jennifer
Andrea
Francoise
One of them means more to me now than I ever thought was likely or possible, I still have very strong feelings about two of them. Two of them I am still on good terms with with, one I am ambivalent about, and the other I loathe in a fashion which is quite possibly unhealthy. I'm not saying which is which.

10) I have never been arrested or charged with any crime.

11) I will answer any and every question honestly, provided I trust the person asking the question. If not, I generally won't answer at all.
12) Color, light, and sound can affect my emotions in a profound way.

13) In the early 80's I endured a "free" lap dance from Courtney Love. She stunk of piss and clove cigarettes.

14) I have a serious dyslexia problem involving directions and numbers.

15) I value kindness in people, over all other traits. Honesty is a close second, but I have known dishonest people that I liked because they were kind.

16) I find dancing to be deeply humiliating.

17) I cry often, but rarely in front of anyone else.

18) My first ancestor on the west coast walked to Puget Sound from Wisconsin. It took him over a year.

19) I have on three occasions in my life accessed a great rage deep within me, which allowed for feats of superhuman strength and an absolute disregard for law, normal human values, or personal safety. On all three occasions, when later confronted by police, they agreed that they would have done the same thing, and the matter was dropped, even though quite a few laws were broken.

20) My greatest regret is that I got a woman pregnant, and that she had an abortion. This is the only thing I have done that I do not think I can ever atone for. Still, I am 100% pro-choice, and would join in an open revolt if those freedoms were ever taken away from women.

21) I had a severe drinking problem for 10 years but I do not think I was ever an alcoholic. I have not had a drink in over ten years now.

22) I attempted suicide in 1986. From then until about 1994, I thought about it frequently in a very serious fashion, but never acted upon it.

23) Star Wars has had a profound impact upon my life.

24) The first thing I ever killed was a cat that was torturing a baby rabbit. I was 6. I have killed hundreds of animals since, and it's never been easy. Not once.

25) I am deeply ashamed of being overweight.

26) I don't like monogamy much, but I like dishonesty less.

No comments: