Monday, January 26, 2009

meh!

I have gotten a few of those 26 things about you back and wow.......incredible insight into ppls heads...even rereading my own I was a little jolted by what was drawn out. I think the key is to just include what pops into your head rather then to try to do it all at once and force yourself to answer.

Guy says it is ok if I post his...so I will when I get home...how about you Nic?? Can I post yours as well or no?

Work today is back to its usual stupid BS due to a certain supervisor being back from vacation...complete and utter disorganization and overall inept management. I was called in for an interview for a dif. ministry for tomorrow - homeowner grant assistant auditor - but I am going to hang tight here (I think if it is common knowledge im looking elsewhere it will not work in my favor) and see who wins the competition for the unit admin position before I actively go looking elsewhere. I was hoping that audit job was going to take a few weeks to get organized before an interview but they are right on top of it - crappy.

This morning walking to work I saw this odd thing....what struck me the most was that I thought it was odd. A woman who works here was walking in front of me holding hands with another female. I thought it was her teenage daughter (looked about 16)....then I kinda thought how UNLIKELY that was, then I thought maybe it was her partner...but the girl looked like a teenager so I went back to the daughter theory....They walked hand in hand the whole way and when they parted they did cheek kisses....Mom went into my bldg and daughter immedaitely pulled out an iPod and looked more like a teeanger again.
I would have to drug Ayla to ever get her to hold my hand walking down the street. Shit, I'd feel lucky if she would even walk down the street with me.
I am going to ask that woman about it bc I am so intrugued....I will likely come off looking like a stalker freak but...seriously...that is VERY uncommon behaviour nowdays and it is interesting...I guess b/c there was no way in hell I'd ever have walked down the street holding my moms hand at 16 but I guess maybe if u are raised to be respectful (AHHAHA) and are treated accordingly, and really liked your parents, maybe it isnt so far out. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chicago 10 was on CBC last night....what a fab documentary...awe inspiring really. The amount of ppl demonstrating the state of american politics and the vietnam war is beyond impressive....so utterly maddening that it is but a blip on the screen of history.....I hope Guy will get some commentary going about it...Abbie Hoffman, what a character...

No comments: