Sunday, March 01, 2009

peanut butter flavored dog treats

March 1 2009

So here it is...another Sunday. Did some grocery shopping...scored a used copy of the Sgt Pepper movie at the video store for 5 bucks...and spent WAYYYY too much time reading about the 2003 nightclub fire in Rhode Island (The Station where Great White was playing) that killed 100 ppl and injured 200. After all my reading I am rather disgusted by the whole accountability issue. The only guy who stepped up to take any of the blame was the band manager who started the pryo show...the only fucking guy with a heart apparently who didnt try to weasel out of it with any legal maneauvers or do any finger pointing. He did 4 years... The club owners (2 brothers) look like slippery bastards...one got 4 yrs in jail & the other got no time...they conveniently went bankrupt and wont be all that involved bucking up $ for the dead and the living/walking scar tissued folk. How nice for them.
Reading about how the fumes from the flammable foam insulation in the bar emitted cyanide gas was super fun too..and how ppls skin was just falling off of them...and the bottleneck at the doorway, piled with dead bodies....one guy was at the very bottom of that pile for 90 mins, under thousands of pounds of dead/wounded ppl was pulled out unharmed. He was damn lucky.
Some of the survivors are hideously burned up...lost limbs...ears, faces....all to hear Great fucking White, one of the shittiest metal bands of the 80s. Fuck.

I am reading a book right now that talked a little bit about it and it tweaked my brain enough to make me revisit.....I hope I am done now. I think the worst part of it is I imagine myself in a club like Sugar here in town and the slender stairway up to the bar and imagine a similar situation...makes me shiver. I will never walk into a bar/show without making mental note of all exits doors again...

Wow...that was light hey!?
Tonight at 9 pm I am wandering down to the Roxy to see WALTZ WITH BASHIR...looks interesting. Again...LIGHT SUBJECT MATTER...*eyeroll*
Tempting to stay in b/c STAYING ALIVE is on tv hahahahahha Just kiddingggggggggggg

Next Saturday is Maggie's 3D Ultrasound here in Victoria that we are all going to....will she be having a boy or a girl? Most of the family is gunnign for a girl of course...apparently we enjoy the neurotic female behaviour within the family dynamic as opposed to the other option. Not many boys in our family...if this ones a boy it is gunna be interesting to see how he fits in...he will be lovely of course and we will love him regardless of his gender (HAHA)...

Did my income tax this weekend and netfiled it....wow...that was a trip...getting a big return back acording to the software but until its in my bank im not spending a dime of it in my head. I am planning to stick HALF of it in my savings acct that I have no bank card for though...every payday I have 40.00 automatically removed from my usual acct and put into the savings acct with no bank card and since October I havent touched it...which is unheard of...its so inconvenient to go to the bank it is kind of a genius set up.

No comments: