Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21 2010 - Thursday!

OK I admit it I friggin had a hearty chuckle about not enough snow up on Olympic Mountain Land...oh and don’t forget the seizure of the Whistler Resort...omfg what the hell is that? You are hosting the friggin Olympics and you stop making loan payments...are you kidding me? 1st thing I learned as a grown up is PAY THE RENT FIRST. Duh. Back to business school for you idiots...the real kicker is the snow...the gamble the gov’t took investing in this depends a lot on weather and that’s a pretty BIG bet to make on something so unpredictable as the weather. That is a lot of taxpayers’ money riding on weather! Clearly I think that is a gamble NOT TO BE MADE...although i am sure its no sketchier than other deal that we NEVER hear about – for something this public I wouldn’t want to be the one making that call. Wait....yes I would...b/c then the Olympics wouldn’t be an issue at all b/c that $ would be used for shit that actually MATTERS to real people. Sigh...

Tomorrow is jeans day....BONER! I cannot articulate the excitement I have for this day every single week!

Found out yesterday that I am indeed eligible for benefits and vacation time even as an auxiliary employee. Shocking! I found out only b/c I sent an email to HR requesting that they stop taking union dues off my chqs now that I am NO LONGER IN THE UNION...and then inquired about why the vacation $ and benefit $ was not added on to my chq....Gail then sent me an email saying “my bad!” – she was supposed to send me all this info when I started here but FORGOT...and guess what? You only have 30 days to apply so it is getting pretty damn close! Another week or so and I would have been S.O.L. Thanks Gail you are friggin awesome in your ineptness...then she got snotty with me despite me being far more than polite about this all and said “Oh not to be picky but my name is spelled GAYLE.” Oh really Gail? I thought it was spelled INCOMPETENT? Or USELESS? Or SNOTBAG? I confirmed with the boss...Gail is unpredictable with her moodiness...great. Gail, suck my balls. I will forever spell her name wrong every time I email her now...just because. I am over it now though...the paperwork is done and mailed.

Good news...that EAW testing I did (Employment Assistant Worker) that was BRUTAL and I was sure I failed it in proper epic form...I got called in for an interview.

 {INSERT FIREWORKS HERE}

AMAZING. This is great b/c this job is something I think that would be a fabulous position to help me develop a sense of what I really want to do...I am drawn to social work type jobs but have managed to avoid exploring that by talking myself out of it figuring I am too messed up to help anyone else who is messed up. This of course, as I have gotten older, is bullshit b/c everyone’s effed up on some level and ppl who go into helping careers tend to be people who have endured all sorts of crap and are messed up by it....which gives them the empathy/experience needed to be in those careers I think...anyhow...I interview for that Feb 1st (HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYLA!) so that should be interesting. There are 4 pages of required work that has to be submitted a week prior to the interview. 4 questions I need to answer, 1 page each...I will be doing that this weekend, getting it all tiddled up and submitted. I haven’t heard anything about the UVic job yet but it just closed on Monday so...hopefully next week.

I haven’t written in a while...so I am Ms Blabbery Blab lady....

News on the Graeme front...looks like he is getting his ducks in a row and is looking to be moving here in March April/May (BOO! HISS!!)...This is exciting! It is forever away BUT not so forever that I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel (Admittedly May sucks hard ass compared to march but it is what it is....)...really looking fwd to having him around...you can quote me later when this blog becomes my personal relationship counseling center. Ha! Seriously though...you all remember that excruciatingly pain-filled pining your heart experiences...the mind numbing ache of absence...the fearsome horniness...? YEAH THAT’S ME RIGHT NOW! LOL (Him too...hehe)

Okay that was the most girly, vulnerable giddy girl thing you will ever see on this blog...for sure! OK...tonight is a mom/kid talk of uber importance...should be fun...I cannot fathom Ayla will be 16 in just over a week.....EGADS!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, but the girly, vulnerable, giddy girl is so frikkin cute! hahahahahaha - shutting up now.

Maureen said...

Me too, I blame it on not enough sex.