Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Vaginatine Day!

I have been staying up late this weekend...so I wake up feeling groggy and old...but I don't care b/c i love staying up late doing stuff when I am alone & intense about it....even if it is something lame like organizing files on my computer with good music playing so I can rock star sing along.

Recently read a blog where someone made mention that she thought women who shorten their given names after they are 7 yrs old end up looking like pathetic middle aged women trying to be cute and there is nothing more pathetic than a middle aged woman trying to be cute.

Ouch.

I can honestly say the use of the shortened version of Jennifer is generally b/c its easier to say and type. Habit. That's it. I don't think being a Jen at near 40 is cute in the slightest & certainly was not planned out in some desperate way to appear cute...don't you agree Barb aka Barbara? Mo aka Maureen? Kate aka Kathryn? Maggie aka Margaret (I know u aren't middle aged yet Maggie haha)....?

It puzzles me seeing younger woman so down on the old birds...I don't quite get it...yeah sometimes they dress weird and oddly inappropriate and try too hard to maintain their youth but I think that's generally a human issue and not about any particular age - I think in general humans try too hard to be something they are too often not...as you get older I think it tapers off for the majority b/c we get to the point where we finally realize what matters and what doesn't and looking a certain way or being regarded in some way is fairly...silly. Just live your life...fuck it. I think what I found most disturbing was the lack of any female camaraderie...b/c like it or not the young little twats are all going to be middle aged eventually and sometimes not even fake tits can deflect that desperate middle age appearance...in fact it would seemingly worsen it in most peoples eyes...but as I said...who really cares...we all get old and die. The end...how saggy or perky are tits are at the end of the road is fairly irrelevant.

I am bothered that there is no spell check in the new blogger...wtf? Doesn't this seem ODD to you?

It's Sunday...I am gunna call my Aunty Cathy and BS with her for a while...then get down to business around the house and get ready for the impending work week that leads up to yummy weekend visitor {Graeme} for next Friday...4.5 days WOOHOO!
I am also gunna cook up a storm today I think....I don't want to cook all damn week!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

haha, I think I've been Mo since I was born - to my dad anyway. I find my age liberating, I don't care what the young 'uns think ;)

exnihlo said...

The lack of PMS alone, makes middle aged women more attractive than snotty young twats to me.

Conky said...

define middle aged? to me i think im middle aged bc at almost 40 thats about the middle of 80 and im fairly certain 80 is totally pushing my luck...

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It'd funny, about the time that I turned 40, I decided that I needed to be Barbara, not Barb. I felt like I needed something a little more I dunno, mature? But it didn't really stick. Basically what happens now is that for professional purposes, I am Barbara, personal I am Barb. And it works just fine.

Maggie Ellwyn said...

i'm totally trying to be cute. the end.

Maureen said...

I don't really think of it as middle aged....I'm in my 40s and I like it, the end :)