Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MILK BONES FOR EVERYONE!!!

My cute and painfully young bus ride pretend boyfriend was not on the bus this morning...then just as the bus neared the usual stop I hop off at the driver turns on to another street, like he is on a different route....?? We were all like WTF...and someone asked him why he didn’t go down to the usual stop at Broad and Yates and the guy gets all pissy and says “I am going the way this bus goes!” HA HA HA Ahhh yeah you fucking newb! You just went off route ya know it all! HAAAAAAA!!!!! I love that shit.

Raining pretty heartily this morning I gotta say...not that I mind of course if given the choice between hot and crap weather. I am back into reading the Reena Virk book “UNDER THE BRIDGE ( thank you for the loan CORAL!)...having a teenager I find it most disturbing – that skewed mentality. I am a little more than shocked by the gang culture involvement in the story thus far...it is no secret that I am pretty much NON GANGSTA...not only am I oblivious and socially uninvolved in that scene I find it all rather....stupid. I understand it; I can see its place in society and see how ppl (and what kind of ppl) get drawn in etc but to me getting sucked into a gang is no different than getting sucked into religion. You stop thinking for yourself and take on other ppls ideals and living a life that to anyone rational is fucking ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that gangs just like religious sects will drop u like a hot fucking potato for whatever reason they see fit...it’s all very conditional...while a church may not pop a cap in yo’ ass they will still excommunicate you and you may as well be dead to them.

Growing up on Klahanie Drive in Powell River I was exposed to a lot of kids my age that were Jehovah’s Witnesses and as you all know they excommunicate like nobody’s business if you are not conforming...one particular incidence of this left me feeling really gross when a woman with kids and such was not living up to the JW standards she was booted out of the church and her own family stopped talking to her – she moved into town and pretty much had to SNEAK any communication with family members who were willing to still be in her life etc...It all seemed so....silly, even at the age of 14. As William Shatner put so eloquently – I can’t get behind that.

Phasing out white rice at home...and going strictly brown rice except 4 sushi...I really LOVE white rice...love it...and i don’t mind brown rice at all but it’s not the same but that’s good b/c u won’t see me gorging BROWN RICE at all – I don’t like it that much haha which is the whole point essentially...aside from he obvious benefits of giving up anything WHITE really. It is tough to give up white foods...think about it: potatoes....rice...sugar...bread...pasta...ALL THE GOOD STUFF!!!! I don’t mind whole wheat pasta either but gawd damn it is not the same as the white crap pasta that’s 4 sure.

My guts just grumbled so loudly I think the lady in the next cubicle heard and is politely ignoring the awesomeness of the vocal skills my guts have. She is very POLITE after all and wouldn’t find it amusing like most of my friends would.

Gotta say the new GONZO MAGAZINE is looking really sweet!!!!

http://gonzomagazine.ca/docs/webmag/WEBGonzo0410.pdf

I am page 26 & 27....for the record MICHAEL EASTON is MATT EASTON (I have no idea where my head was whilst typing that up b/c I KNOW his name is Matt Easton....I think it was my subconscious revenge on him for rejecting my Facebook add. LOL) - I will correct that for the next issue and all I see is one typo (not bad considering the usual list of shit that makes me insane) – and my name is spelled right! WOOHOO!!! Dean & Brad really have made massive improvements to the look of the magazine....kudos to them!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUGAN!!!! (Dugan is Hot Donna's dog/son) I have a sneaking suspicion Dugan's dad Dan picked his birthday...420....hmmmmm.

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Gonzo is looking good! Lotsa ads, they must have a motivated ad sales staff.

You no longer like the mosh pit, and I am starting to appreciate the sit-down concerts. Never thought I would see the day.

Anonymous said...

did you know they are going to start filming "Under the Bridge" in about a year? And filming in Ontario due to tax breaks if you can believe that shit. It seems awfully soon, but they should at least do it here!

Conky said...

Yeah I read that...I dont mind that they arent filming here...that would seem more exploitative somehow...its been 13 yrs but I am pretty sure her family wouldnt get a kick out of seeing a movie crew around town...