Monday, May 03, 2010

May 3 2010

It is windy today....I actually felt myself almost being pushed over walking into work today...and I am not little...I dunno how the scrawny peeps are staying on the ground.

Saturday we were supposed to go to the beach but Donna was too hung over so we just went to the Tudor for lunch instead. Sunday the weather was bunk so we postponed the Paralympics Extravaganza at the park and played the Zombie Board game instead (me, Donna, Graeme, Amanda and Erin)...motherfucker...I am not terribly competitive but I had 2 moments of sheer and utter near win glory that were quashed so RUDELY by other players that I felt the sting of loserville extra intensely...now I feel driven to win that MFing game at least once to redeem myself.

After the tragic losses we dined on Donna’s brown rice/bean burgers which were truly not hideous at all...then we came home and I watched SOME KINDA WONDERFUL on TV (much to Graeme’s horror)...Eric Stoltz is such a blah actor even though I quite adore his gingerness...the real star of that movie is Mary Stuart Masterson...Graeme is not an 80’s movie/music fan at all...I don’t understand this. He is MY age...how can u NOT be fondly nostalgic of the crap that was all the rage when you were a teen? He wouldn’t come see HOT TUB TIME MACHINE Sat. night either...this ASTOUNDS ME!?!?!?! Donna and I laughed through most of that movie...mocking the 80’s is an art form!

Slow today at work sadly...THIS PLUS MY CURRENT MENSTRUATION CONDITION IS MAKING FOR THE LONGEST DAY ON THE PLANET. That’s in caps b/c I am damn serious! I gotta say waking up @ 5:30 am to full daylight is really fucking annoying...I always feel like I’m LATE or I slept in when I didn’t. I could have a nap right now...sitting up at my desk...upright and full on sleepy time drooling too...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like watching the old Brat Pack movies from time to time too. Listening to the soundtracks take me back.
Guys are different I guess. My brother seems to get more nostalgic from watching Spinal Tap, the Evil Dead trilogy, Clockwork Orange...that kinda stuff.

rachael chatoor said...

That pic of MSM reminds me of the phase I went through of wearing only red and black clothing. 80's music brings me right slam back to high school and walking/taking the bus to and from school everyday with my walkman plugged into my ears. How can anyone not love 80's music?

Anonymous said...

I must've seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High 20 times in the last 30 years and I'd watch it again. I remember thinking Spiccoli was so cute. Reliving that one is always a narly experience. :)