Sunday, June 06, 2010

ball sucker sunday june 6 2010

Yesterday was hot as hell.....today rainy and cool....today will be better than yesterday...I demand it.

On Thursday night one of Ayla's friends from middle school, Justin, was murdered at the bus stop not far from where we live. Just standing there waiting for his bus when some man came up to him and stabbed him  in the chest and left....without any sort of exchange or altercation. Needless to say this has been cause for some superior mindfuckery. Ayla is quite sad...she cries whenever we talk about it...and we are both hideously mortified that it was implied in an early news article about it that no one helped Justin as he laid bleeding to death on the ground....the "gore" made witnesses reluctant. Wow. Now as it often goes in news articles it was vague...maybe someone did grab their coat and apply pressure until the ambulance arrived...??? I dunno BUT if that was not the case I hope every fucking one of those gawking assholes who were there can live with the knowledge that they are pieces of shit. Whether it would have bought him the time needed to survive or not is irrelevant to me...the inaction is what makes me ill. I would be horrified to think that no one would try and help my kid in that situation...I cannot imagine standing around on a sidewalk while someone died in front of me and not trying to do SOMETHING...it makes me ill....I am so sad for his family...the shock and horror that is their life right now....and all the questions...the WHYs?
The person responsible turned himself into the cop shop 15 mins later...it is being reported that friends of his say he's an addict and is bi-polar and schizophrenic...oh the shock. <---sarcasm. Who in their right mind would do this? Of course he has mental health issues? and is an addict? DUH. Good thing we keep shutting down services for these ppl in this province hey? Good thing b/c we wouldn't want to HELP these sick people and try to avoid this shit from happening....yes I know the odds of a mentally ill person doing something like this is low...but when u hear about people not on meds cutting ppls heads off on greyhounds or stabbing young kids at a bus stop you cant help but buy into the hysteria about it a little.
Victoria is rampant with crystal meth addicts....just walk down Pandora and Quadra...it is evident. Like I didn't worry enough about my kid out around town...now it just feels like a stroke of luck that she is okay...
Ugh....so yeah - hug your kid(s).................fuck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry! As if it wasn't horrific enough already, I didn't know Justin was a friend of Ayla's. My deepest sympathies to all of Justin's friends and family...

With the way BC has dumped all the mentally ill out on the streets to fend for themselves, it's sadly more surprising this sort of thing isn't more common :o(

Barbara Bruederlin said...

How very very horrible. This tragedy just has no end in sight either, does it? I'm so very sorry for Justin's family.

Conky said...

I cant imagine how his mom and sisters are coping....I just cannot imagine....completely fucked up situation.