Wednesday, October 06, 2010

40 is kinda whatever...

I was starting to get heartburn from weird food anyhow...bananas...salsa....now peanut butter...fug.

Had an AWESOME night Monday - Alex is getting hitched @ the end of the month and we had a little girly get together to make her a button bouquet...omg this craft is SOOO fun when u have a BUNCH of buttons to use...and thanks to Jen W. bringing her Granny's box of buttons (she recently passed away so it was nice to watch Jen go through the box and show us all little things like the buttons on a wire that her Granny used to teach her to count as a little girl etc) that she collected forEVER....some really AWESOME stuff in there...got to meet 2 new gals as well Becca and Alisa...both very interesting and I am better for meeting them for certain. I will admit sitting on the floor was a bit of an issue for me...by the end of the night I was doing the beached whale shuffle on the floor and trying to avoid the full leg muscle spasm flail...gawd I am a social retard sometimes...but omg it is FUN!! I love buttons now...SAVE ME YOUR BUTTONS!!!

Naturally b/c I am ancient now I felt like I was on a bender the next day...all that hardcore BUTTONING you know ::eyeroll::
Good birthday all around...love my new deadly voodoo gnome from Graeme...and the night out was fun too aside from the ear shattering volume (that may actually make me start taking ear plugs to shows from now on) and seeing some guy get a beer mug smashed into his face...Rotterdam KICKED ASS....Loot was ok but their sound SUCKED BAD and it really ruined it for me....could not hear the vocals all that well and the guitar was just gruesomely too loud....I think I could feel my eardrums rupturing!
Graeme was a trooper despite not being all that interested in either band or being up front with Donna and I...we cabbed home and I stayed up waiting 4 Ayla and I was a bit drunk alright and she arrived home drunk so we bonded over pizza pops and a stupid shark movie...

Rest of the w/e was fine....I am in super craft mode...done wanna do anything else but monkey with my scrabble tile crafts and such....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're 40 huh...snicker