Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hi!

WHEW! Ok I have some time to blather on so look out.

Trip to Alberta was a grand success...though I will admit rather freely and openly I am still too fat to fly. They make airplane seats far too small for fatties...seriously ONE THIGH fit comfortably in that fucking seat - the rest of me needed butter to squish in...the old guy beside me seemed fairly unbothered by me boxing him in...thanks old guy - u are a good sport. On the way home I didn't have anyone in the middle seat so that kicked ass. Aunty Cathy booked the bet seats of course as she knows the horrors of flying as anon-skinny person...AISLE SEAT CLOSE TO THE FRONT. She is AWESOME! I may have cried if I was booked for a middle seat.

Arrived in Edmonton incident free...managed to kick the 4 day migraine the night b4 by hitting the doctors office and getting some migraine meds...fuck what a mess I was...I mean I am fairly emotional to begin with but add in stress and migraine - holy shit. So I arrived at Cathy's rather DUH as I worked all day and then flew there with a migraine hangover and general travel fatigue...but her house is homey and cozy and lovely and the long drive to her place from Edmonton was great for chatting. Her new place is fab and her spare room is DIVINE...that Murphy Bed is AWESOMELY comfy so that was a great perk!

Cathy took me on a grand tour of some of their property...we saw deer, a giant friggin moose that scared the bejesus outta me and explored a beaver dam/area - which I totally LOVED...Cathy is an excellent tour guide actually...I loved it!

The trip to Torrington to see the dead gopher museum was great...I did realize half way there how ridiculous I am...its almost a 4 hr drive to get there...yeah u heard me...and I was sure to thank Cathy and Robert for appeasing me bc I am quite sure they both had better shit to do that day...lol
Met Adele there and then after the dead gopher extravaganza Adele and I drove toe Red Deer to go visit with Connie! It was a FLASHBACK...the last time the 3 of us were together it was in Red Deer 20 some yrs ago and we were all drunk at the shit hole Windsor hotel and it was UGLY...I will leave it at that. SO THIS WAS MUCH BETTER! Got to meet her girls FINALLY...Kaitlyn and Cara are lovely...and crazy rambunctious kids - dunno how Connie does it at 40. Good on her.
Had a visit and dinner there then it was rush time to leave for Adele to drop me off to meet Cathy and Robert for the long drive home...did I mention they were awesome hosts and humored me graciously? Need to get longer visits in with Adele and Connie for sure next time...

My sister Kim and her boyfriend Rob came the next day...they are lotsa fun b/c they bicker and play fight and its entertaining...plus I never get to see my little sister near enough so my visits with her are precious...Cathy too...I really don't see either of them enough and it sucks ass.
K & R stayed over and headed out the next day so Cathy and I watched tv all day on the couches and it was glorious haha JHC the dinner Cathy made for us all the night b4 - omg. MEAT BALLS N GRAVY, HAM, CREPES OF GOODNESS, VEGGIES, LAZY CABBAGE ROLLS, SMASHED POTATOES and LEMON MERANGE (sp) PIE! Fuck...I ate so much I thought I was giving birth all night.

The drive into the airport Monday was fine but it was too soon for me..I would have loved to stay longer if I had the time off! Went to Costco...got treated to lunch and a Costco card (thank you!) and looked around a bit...looking fwd to hitting Costco with Donna and Lisa in the future! Flight home was uneventful...not having to squish in beside someone was great...still gotta say flying is NOT my favorite. I am not afraid to fly but I guess its likely common to have a feeling and great uneasiness wash over you while taking off and landing...I am always waiting 4 a crash.

I arrived home the same day Ayla left for Powell River...so it was quiet at home...aside from Graeme annoying me on a very deliberate basis...I had my appt with the surgeon re: the gallbladder removal. Gawd...wait 7+ mths to get in to see him....then @ 840 you go in (my appt was for 8 am...grrr) and he speaks to u for 8 mins and says YEP BETTER GET IT OUT...LIKE WHY THE EFF CANT THEY JUST PUT U ON A WAITING LIST FFS!! Anyhow...details on that to follow once I hear from my Dr I guess.

Work was STINK busy! No time to think let alone fug the dog...all caught up now...OHHH and it appears as though they are working twds making me permanent there...WOOOOOOOO! I never wanna go on another fucking job interview again in my life after this last year of complete BS failure...lolim telling myself anyhow. I do hate the location of this job but upon closer reflection the perks out weigh the negative...its a great small office, nice ppl and no seniority BS for vacations, its super flexible and my boss is a gem so....its all good...oh and I wont be union which is nice...i get the union perks but not the BS.

Ayla gets home today...IM EXCITED! I haven't seen her in ages! Shes being nice to me currently too so that helps! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Need to get longer visits in with Adele and Connie for sure next time."
I'm holding you to that! And I'll be damned if I have to wait another 20 years!

Good luck with the GB mess! I hope your surgeon gets on top of that pronto!"

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I still wish I could have met up with you and the dead gophers! It was only 1 1/2 hours from my place.

Sounds like a grand trip all round, except the giving birth all night part, which I totally understand.