Friday, December 03, 2010

Friday = Cooper Puppy Sitting

Gunna babysit Cooper tonight - Andrea's little pooch...he is cute and cuddly but I generally have very limited patience for dogs so it will be interesting to see how long he holds me friendly nature haha He is quite cuddly and not too stinky so I think itll be ok for 1 overnighter...itll keep Ayla busy later too after work as shes grounded and quite PO'd she is stuck at home. I will resent walking the thing every few hrs but it will be good for me....

The - however - is gunna shit the bed...that will be the real entertainment for the night...the cat and Tito (Mag's little Yorkie dog) havea funny little thing they do when he is over...the cat hates him but cant stay away and ends up lunging at and chasing after him and swatting him around (no claws though)...this is what old boring ppl do on Friday nights...watch cats and dogs torment each other.

So - as of Jan 1 2011 I have a permanent job...thank you baby jesus of nazareth...If I would have know this was gunna happen I would have saved my ego a lot of damage and not applied for all the fucking jobs I did not get over the last 11 mths. Seriously - but it is water under the bridge of blood, sweat and tears now...so I shall reside here in this shitty old building full of asbestoes and crappy heating/no air conditioning with the 3 ladies of goodness...Barb, Doris and Sylvia. I do not belong in this office at all...I am the freak in the corner...then there is the prissy uptight one beside me, then the good cook/zombie lover across the way and the boss who is so friggin nice and acoomodating its almost a crime....so really it is a great gig and I am lucky to have it.          

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

a permanent job...way to go!
benefits and pension...Gov't has best pension, and they contribute.

you are the freak in the corner? How so?

Conky said...

thanks Cyndy!

Kel - ya i have been contributing to that pension (250/mo ouch) since June 2008 - they match it...so itll be business as usual ill just have a little more job security having a perm. position rather than my current auxiliary status.
Freak b/c...well I work with 3 nice ladies...ones super prissy and uptight but still nice with 3 kids all fabulous tens who dont get brought home by the cops etc...then the boss is super nice and laid back, been in govt for EVER and can shmooze and play the game (i cannot)...and the other is actually a cool person but also shmoozy and professional...so im in the freak in the corner...i can fake professionalism for the most part but it is not a natural thing in me lol

Barbara Bruederlin said...

No more applying for soul-destroying jobs! Huzzah!