Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year in Review

Off the top of my head/in no particular order - things that happened in 2010:

*Matthew Good called me TWICE.

*I let someone move in with me.

*Ayla got brought home by the cops a few times.

*Almost got killed by death at Murder Beach in Powell River.

*Was reminded how awesome my family is for searching for my glasses in the ocean in the dark of night.
*Discovered Graeme's potato pancakes of goodness.

*Got rid of some dead weight friends...made a few keepers in the process.

*Had a few doozie nasty gallbladder attacks.

*Came to grips with the fact Ayla is no longer my little mocha baby of cuteness...and is now my almost grown up mocha baby of hawtness.

*Visited Aunty Cathy & Robert in AB and got to see Kim, Rob, Connie and Adele as well! Awesome trip!

*Attended a few weddings (Kori & Mary and Alex & Kelsey) that didn't suck!

*Talked Donna through her move/break up...

*Got addicted to The Walking Dead series.

*Rescued Donna from a baby mouse.

*Fell on my face up on Mount Doug while Lisa looked on in laughing horror NOT HELPING ME!

*Survived a whole month with Donna gone to Australia/Fiji.

*I ate a lot.

*Learned never to drink at Christmas.

*Rekindled my Queensryche love of the Operation Mindcrime album.

*Did some internet stalking and found out some interesting stuff about some people from days gone by...always interesting.

*Thoroughly LOVED the Rick Springfield autobio he wrote.

*Fell in love with Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

*BAZINGA!

*Saw some great live shows: Start With the Cobra, The Stockers, etc...but no BIG shows. Hoping RS will play in Vancouver in 2011 - I AM GUNNA GO I think this time!

*Got over my Bloody Betty fetish.

*Actually liked my job.

*Came to terms with the fact I am starting to see signs of "haggard" hitting me at 40.

*Tried to systematically teach Ayla life skills since it seems she hasn't picked many practical ones up in 17 years. 2011 we will focus on cooking and shopping and paying bills.

*Wish I had an Oh Henry right now.

*Stole a gnome.

*Stole a few Baby Jesus's.

*Finally secured a permanent gov't position...no more limbo.

*Went on more failed job interviews in 2010 than I ever have in all the rest of my life and never want to go on another one again.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've had an interesting year...lots of ups, downs and realizations. It was good to see you too again my friend! I hope you have a super cool 2011!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

All tolled, it sounds like you had a pretty stellar year. Here's hoping this one is even finer!