Friday, January 28, 2011

another farewell

When my grandad died my granny sold the house (trailer - whatever)...I spent many summers and eventually years living in that trailer on Klahanie Drive...a short walk across the street to the ocean...a street littered with Jehovah's Witnesses...a short walk to Scuttle Bay where me and the JW kids would get high on RUSH (heart medication - great!) and I would do my best to corrupt those religious boys with make outs and blasphemous conversation. It was an end of an era to see that house go...but eventually I let it go...when I walk past it now it looks different enough that my heart doesn't sting...usually.

Now the house that took over from my grandparents place just down the road where Pam and Jim lived is headed in the same direction. They purchased a gutted trailer on a fabulous lot for a few bucks and rebuilt it into the home it was for all of us for a long time. It became home base for Ayla and I...as I am sure it is for Pam's girls. With it being up for sale now it is hard to not feel torn - even understanding the reasons P and J no longer feel the need to hang on to it and the reasons Kelly is parting with it. It is another in a long series of farewells that is making me tear up as I type this. To most it is likely a piece of junk happily situated on native leased land with a view that is nothing less than spectacular...to some of us though it is home. Needless to say some are pretty emotional about it but as Pam told me last night...it will fade and we will make somewhere else our home base. HERE IT IS I hope someone I fucking detest doesn't buy it. That would lick.

In other news...Donna is in Jamaica as I type. It was my duty to purchase Chris Cornell tickets today...FML I hate buying tickets...I get so fucking stressed out...the website doesn't even say WHAT TIME they go on sale so I assumed 930 am when they opened...at 930 the website is dead...wont even open....30 mins later now still won't load up. so I started calling frantically to the box office immediately...and called and called...took me 20 mins to get through and I knew anything GOOD was gone....but I had to get tickets or as Donna warned "our friendship hung in the balance" hahahahha Gee no pressure lady! Ended up getting Upper Balcony Row P Center tickets....crappy but in such a small theatre it certainly not terrible...

ADVICE: ROYAL THEATRE WEBMASTERS - give your website some fucking balls already - if yer gunna have acts like Chris Cornell increase bandwidth or something b/c I was unable to get on the fucking site for pre-sale or general sale. Jerks.

Thank gawd Matthew Good isn't popular b/c I would have stroked out trying to get tickets if that's how shit went down when he plays here.

4 comments:

Adele said...

Letting go of things that are familiar and full of memories is disheartening...at least you scored the tickets! WHEW!!! :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm really glad you got tickets, despite them not being stellar. I would hate to see Donna disown you.

pamcakes said...

how the hell does donna afford to travel so much, is she blowing the travelocity dude?

Conky said...

DOnna LUCKED out and got in with a Ministry that has massive amts of overtime offered on a regular basis....so 1 week of working OT is enough for her to go to Jamaica for a week.