Thursday, February 10, 2011

bribery is bad but there are worse things....

...like smoking crack with your kid or sharing boyfriends.....ewwwwwww

I don't often fall victim of out-right child bribery but sometimes it is a means to an end and yes Ayla...do what I want you to do and I will buy u a pair of jeans...report me to the Bad Parent Police...don't care....it is clear my grrl child is not of the mindset that doing things that she doesn't wanna do even if it is for the greater good is just part of being a grown up...get used to it b/c it only gets worse...she will have that realization soon enough I guess...I know I did...rude awakening is an understatement. Until then she gets a pair of jeans she needs (granted she only owns 1 pair)...regardless of the bribe factor we made some progress in communicating and I am gunna make a point soon to sit down with Ayla, note pad in hand and start hashing out some plans for the future...what she wants to do, what she needs to do and what we both need to commit to so we are on the same page...I am very likely gunna look into getting a weekend job this summer. I am not horrified about this as of yet. More to come on that I am sure.

Played Settlers of Catan last night...Graeme finally won a game! I am glad...it is demoralizing always being short material to build roads and towns etc...I couldn't get a gawd damn brick to save my life last night...it was fun either way honestly...it is a great game! Looking fwd to playing with a 3rd or 4th person someday!!
I think the lesbos would love this game!! Would be super fun to play this with Kim and Rob (hint hint). Actually think Aunty Cathy and Robert would enjoy this too...I KNOW Maggie would love it....

4 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I've been hearing from other people about Settlers of Catan as well. Is it like a board game version of Sims or something?

Conky said...

its more like SMART PERSON MONOPOLY...that requires a butt load of strategy and luck via the dice!

Cyndy said...

We love Catan. And the geeks that we are we even have Starfarers of Catan (you get to building little rocket ships.) We are huge boardgamers here...and do the zombie games too. We are doing a board game night tonight. Too bad you guys don't live in Colorado. Maybe you should move?

Conky said...

got a spare guest bedroom?!