Wednesday, May 18, 2011

sorry but your movie debut was THE STANK!

I had Monday off so Alex popped over for lunch and she was having a bit of a day...so we settled on the couch and watched one of the worst 80s movies of all time - Rick Springfield's movie debut HARD TO HOLD. It is rotten and terrible but it was just perfect for the afternoon. It went along with the groovy and weird item she found for me....apparently back in the day there was a failed NEW technology: Capacitance Electronic Disc CED...anyhow she found one for the move Hard to Hold and it cracked me up...
Look like this: http://www.videointerchange.com/images/ced.jpg
I had never heard of them before...must have been a fast flash in the pan.

This Sat. Donna and I are mini road tripping to Ladysmith to go BBQ with Ryan and Cathleen before his cd release show in his home town - looking fwd to that since the last 2 shows in Vic were cancelled...it'll be nice to see Cathleen and her freshly shaven head (to raise $ for kids with cancer) and new baby Bella...ok not so new but a baby nonetheless. That is my weekend plan...Sun and Mon are open so I am sure I will get up to something...time to get back to walking more...

I have to admit there is an element of fear involved in this process...I am quite concerned about my heel as it is still significantly sore at times and I worry that walking too much on it will keep it that way but at the same time my blood pressure is high from not doing any walking and I feel generally crappy even though im eating well...so...I feel a little stuck...but it is what it is so I am just gunna start walking and ice the crap out of it and see what transpires!

Tonight I am going to BBQ with Tracey and Adrienne, Lani and kids will be there....it's Hockey Night in Canada...I wont last long watching the game but I do actually enjoy watching other ppl watch hockey - cracks me up really...I have suddenly become very tired...

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You really should start a CED retro trend. I mean if vinyl and cassettes can make a comeback, surely a groovy piece of technology like that can.

Conky said...

if i was a trendsetter at all...i would do it!