Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ugh

Much sorer today...still can't sleep...I am assuming all this drug use is to blame despite the fact that historically T3s at night make me sleep like a dead donkey any other time. Annoying.
My belly is so swollen I look pregnant and can't do the dishes b/c my belly prohibits me from getting close enough to the sink and it's too sore to lean against the counter. Oh the glamor.
Lisa is coming to visit me in a bit so I can see a human being today...yay. I hate TV. My brains too mush to read...though I should try b/c it might make me sleep.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELE!!

Connie is on Vancouver Island this week and coming to visit with the girls Friday...I should be up for that...and hopefully a walk across the street to the park...I really don't know...but either way we will get a visit in and that's what counts.

I took my bandages off today...I was supposed to but then I redressed them b/c it was too ugly to look at HAHAHAHAHA plus it felt like they needed that extra cushion still. I opted out of a shower b/c I am not steady enough on my feet today...tomorrow it's do or die!
Right now sitting here I feel like I could go right to sleep but by the time I hobble to the couch and wish I had a crane to lower me down to the couch I am wide the fuck awake again. :\ Annoying. I think I would die if my phone was broken this week.

I have never been so eager to poop though...every fart I can muster is magical. Connie told me today after her last surgery she didn't shit for 5 days and I think I gasped out loud in horror. 5 days. How does a person not die from that? I have eaten so much fruit salad...and taken the mighty stool softener Senakot faithfully for 2 days...I ate ALL BRAN for breakfast for fucks sake. I am dedicated to defecation! <--awesome band name by the way.

10 comments:

Adele said...

Thanks again for the birthday wish!!! God dammit sista!!! Get some sleep!!!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I missed your the fun of your surgery, being all wrapped up folk festivalling. I hope you feel better soon and that you poop.

~Jen~ said...

Barb - I saw u were folk festing this week...good time as always im sure...u missed nothing here! haha

~Jen~ said...

Adele....I plan on drugging myself extra tonight and trying to sleep on the couch

kelly said...

you can make a home made fruit lax which is kinda like jam, full of prunes and other good stuff.

By the way, glad you're on the road to recovery

Cyndy said...

When I was on the muscle relaxants from a herniated disk, I didn't poop for 7 days. (check out the side effects of yours.) I stopped taking them and took a laxative...and then holy god. I think I shit out a lung...sure of it even.

~Jen~ said...

7 !!!!!!!!!! eeek! I am clearly in the realm of normalcy and need to stop worrying so much that it means they forgot to reroute my liver etc lol
I am not taking any T3s today....we shall see.
THE POOP BLOG SHALL NEVER CEASE UNTIL I LAY A LOAF!

wtfisaywtf said...

isn't it crazy how we're so loathe to talk about our POO until we can't take a righteous dump?!??

damn opiates, why must they give such bliss until it's time to crap and you're straining for a single nugget.

i'm glad you're among the shitting majority again!!! keep on healing oh bloated puffy one, like a loaf it too shall pass...

wtfisaywtf said...

i forgot to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADELE!!!!!

love, another Jen fan.
xoxox :)

~Jen~ said...

bahahahahaha calling poop a loaf makes me laugh hhahahhaa