Monday, July 23, 2012

One love feeds the fire...one heart burns desire...

I am excited b/c in 30 mins I am going to bed...at 9pm...with a book...my phone to play a game or 2. VICTORY! (hopefully!)

So - I installed this app on my phone that Michelle B told me about...MY FITNESS PAL...lol Sounds so ghey...(and I mean that this time AMANDA & ERIN)...you punch in everything you eat and it does all the friggin math for you even though I do not buy into that ideology that it is necessary to get into all that to be healthy...I know EXACTLY what I should be eating and what I shouldn't...every piece of food that passes my lips does not do so with extreme over-thought - trust me...anyhow...I have been meaning to start writing down everything I eat for a while just b/c it does make you a little more accountable when you are mindful about such things...well this things takes it to the next level and adds all the fat and calories etc and lets you know how many you have left for the day after each entry....well by 2pm I was allowed 88 more calories. Fack! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA Clearly today was a bad experiment but it was interesting....so I will do it for a while and watch the improvement...--- that is me being an optimist right there...it is like a wild, mysterious unicorn, doesn't let itself be seen often.

I am listening to Journey...feeling less bad about saying SUCK IT to the Journey/Loverboy/Night Ranger concert coming to town in December...I am over it now...nostalgia or not 100 bones plus s/c is dumb and I will sit at home and listen to the 3 bands on my computer. I would pay more than that to see Heart live if they promised to do the whole Dreamboat Annie record live...fml I would LOVE that!




Anyhow...Me + a book + my bed = RIGHT NOW!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

like all fitness tools it is only as good as the user. I could see this being beneficial if one actually enters everything they eat and doesn't pick and choose what to enter. Also if one uses it to change bad habits it will be beneficial. I use to track everything I ate and drank and thast encouraged me to be more aware and accountable, now I don't track it but I am aware of what I eat and the effects of it. I may still choose to eat junk, but it is a choice and I am aware of the nutritional value.

Conky said...

exactly - it is handy for reminding you that the Spicy Peanut Noodle Box dish is almost 1000 calories...and you should really split it in half and save half for the next day or choose a different meal entirely...I need a tool to help kickstart my mindfulness... :)

Anonymous said...

that was me by the way