Sunday, December 23, 2012

how things change...

Was talking to A. about how music is consumed currently...albums are not generally purchased/downloaded/stolen by most youth - songs are. They miss out on the magic of listening to an entire album and dissecting it, piece by piece, it is quite an intimate experience. My childhood from about 10 yrs old on revolved around this process.

Albums I owned and listened to 347583475834 times remain heavily ingrained in my brain...I didn't realize so until I found a copy of The Babys 'Union Jack' LP...in grade 5 it was a record I got for my bday or xmas or something - that and Pat Benatar's "In the Heat of the Night"...listened to them both to death...so upon finding the Union Jack LP last week in a thrift store I was not so surprised I knew all the words and such after all this time but the one skip on my original record - I was shocked to not hear it on this copy. Sadly all the fake autographs on my copy were not on this copy either...I recall trying to pass them off as legit autographs to my older step sister once and she was looking at me like I was a complete moron to think she was so stupid at 13 to fall for such silliness. Was worth a shot. Anyway...albums like Heart's Dreamboat Annie, Pearl Jam's Ten, Nirvana's Nevermind, etc...life is lesser without these musical experiences...poor kids.

I near fucking killed myself putting up that damn curtain rod that the bldg owner didn't bother to do last week like he said he would. Thanks jerk. I did not want to take the chance i was gunna mess up the wall he just repairs from water damage...but yesterday I had a still mind so it was a good time to venture there...I took my time, read all my drills instructions finally...read the curtain rod instructions...examined my hardware, used a measuring tape...was faced with a dilemma....there were 2 existing holes in the wall already so I utilized them as guides assuming the bldg jerk owner wouldn't want me to make new holes or he would have filled them right? Problem was it made the curtains hang about 2 inches from the floor....do I care about that? I had no idea....so I just used the holes there........SLIGHT REGRET INVOLVED WITH THAT....I would prefer then curtains were an inch lower....and also wish the bracket placement was different and I might move them....and fix the holes.....I also might go buy additional curtain panels....b/c I am so rich after all (eye roll)...they make it darker in the living room which I do not mind much and will love in the summer when the sun is trying to kill me from outside...I will say the drill I got for my bday from Aunty Pam kicks some ass...the 1st bracket I put up I was scared of it....by the 2nd and 3rd I was Mike fucking Holmes man....drilling like a mofo. ha!

My sushi day with Kate and her kids was all messed up yesterday...they cancelled due to illness - I already had every thing prepped and 7 cups of rice cooked so...I scrambled and called Tracey and Adrienne and begged them to come for lunch...made A. some to take to work and then made Lisa about 50 pieces to pick up as take out - worked out well...nothing to toss! Will do it all again tomorrow to take to Dan's place for the xmas eve shindig with A., Donna, Erin and Amanda.

Xmas Day will be quiet....A. and I wanna go see this:

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

Jen, you are invited to follow my blog

Conky said...

No thanks Steve...not interested in Christianity at all...