Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ch-ch-changes...

It is a peaceful Saturday morning here...I am up way too early but such is life. I have ZERO plans today so it looks like my house will get a clean up it deserves.

Kimmy!
I am sad to report that my sister is moving into a new phase in her life but also a little happy for her too b/c it is kind of exciting. Scary exciting for her I am sure. Being newly single after a long time of never really being single is a big deal and I am a bit excited that Victoria made her top 5 places she may relocate to. Wherever she decides to go I will be really happy for her though b/c it is a new, fresh start and I am her #1 fan! It is with great sadness, however, that I have to come to terms with the fact that her and Rob are no more b/c I quite adore Rob...I don't often adore men as people (that sounds worse than I mean haha) but Rob is one of just a handful of men that I find to be exceptional and I will miss him being Kim's partner. (EDIT: ROB IS AN ASS!!!!!) I am even more impressed that he is being a wonderful, kind, stand-up guy to Kim during all this...it is refreshing to see a couple part ways with a grace, kindness and understanding. He has a great willingness to help her get settled when she is ready as well so...big kudos to Rob for being a great person, non-dirtbag, man of integrity. With all that said - you can see why this parting of ways is sad. Wherever Miss Kimmy lands she is going to shine.

A's birthday approaches...I have some ideas...this year I do promise not to wreck her birthday like I did last year....we got scrapping last year and it ruined the whole friggin thing which I have felt terrible about all damn year so this year I am making a concentrated effort to not bulldoze her into making plans or anything...I will just gowiththeflow...

Squid & Mag's belly aka Riley
Poor cousin Maggie has been PLAGUED with some pretty heinous shit lately...she is pregnant and this pregnancy has been anything but carefree and delightful...things could always be worse of course (always!) but really what a shit go...she is dealing with repeat problems with blood work and such which have made the impending birthing process highly up in the air and complicated...then her business has been retarded...all her staff  decided this year would be a good time to have a kid as well so you can imagine having to try to hire/plan/organize when you have 3 staff members going off on maternity while YOU are supposed to be off on maternity...ugh such crap timing. Now she has been struck with some bug from hell and is sick as fack and kinda due any time but requires some interventions due to that blood work issue etc...ugh Timing and opportunity SO BAD for her right now....so once lil Riley Jay is here I hope things can be a little nicer for her for a while and fall into place.

New office is okay...pros and cons still...for the most part I have adapted rather rapidly b/c that's just how I roll. Can't change it so - get in line. I have scouted out all the best bathrooms in the bldg. Our floor has a 2 stall ladies washroom which is NOT ideal....so I discovered the 2nd floor has a 5 stall washroom and a separate stand alone wheelchair washroom so....SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes you just want your own little private bathroom paradise at work....

Volunteering at a local community center next week to try and get their computers cleaned up and working a bit faster...should be interesting since I have no idea how old/bad they are. Will probably wanna ram pens into my eyes by the end. There is not much worse than a crawling slow computer...well maybe no connection to the internet. ha!




2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Awww sorry to hear about your sister's marriage, but thrilled about your satisfying bathroom discovery!

Conky said...

yes that bathroom discovery was awesome...best part is any of us can say "going to check the mail" b/c its on the same floor. LOL