Saturday, August 31, 2013

Jalapeno Eyeball Burn

I made homemade salsa tonight...it smells SO FRIGGIN GOOD now that by tomorrow after is becomes one with itself it should be a heavenly, mouth watering cilantro experience. In true Jen form I chopped up jalapenos...washed my hands really well and forgot YET AGAIN that the oil in jalapeno peppers stays on your skin....so I have one very red eye...not just once either...this is the 2nd time tonight I absentmindedly rubbed my eye with my jalapeno hand! (Wow - I did not know absentmindedly was its own word. Thank you spell check!)

I have a butt load of stuff I am clearing out of here tomorrow with the help of Kate...I got rid of a bunch of stuff that I put up for free online...One thing in particular I felt a bit sad to see go (green glass pitcher/glasses) but you know...I haven't used it in 2 years since someone gave it to me so...wtf.
I also made a huge leap and closed my eyes and cleaned out the bedding closet...I have a bit of a 'thing' about bedding...meaning I like having a lot of it...but it is ridiculous...it's like I am hoarding for the ice age apocalypse and need blankets for EVERYONE...so 3 garbage bags of bedding got the boot!

Loving this long weekend...it is the 1st time in a long time I actually get a Monday off...no volunteering! Don't mistake that excitement for me doing anything exciting though...




2 comments:

Cyndy said...

What's the recipe?

Conky said...

It turned out really tasty...

3 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dices green pepper
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
4 tsp of chopped jalapeno (inc the seeds)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

throw it all together in a glass bowl with lid and let it sit overnight in the fridge for best results but it can be eaten after an hour or 2.