Wednesday, September 26, 2007

pondering feline dreams

so im looking around last night online for a cat...i havent asked the nazi landlady yet so im not committed to getting one b/c i can see her getting all freakish and saying no EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS ONE! anyway...
so im looking for some gibble cats cuz as u no our last cat had one eye and he was a freak but we miss his weirdness....look what I have to choose from:



My mother is going to seniors home in December 2007 and can not bring her cat Misty with her. Misty is a 3 year old female, light grey with white, and was adopted by my mother from the Victoria SPCA. She was even featured with my mom on the local morning news for being adopted with her unique condition. Misty is missing part of her brain and has no equilibrium. She is very quiet, loving, and stumbles everywhere she goes. Misty is not not dumb and knows who everyone is. She has been an amazing companion for my mother, who really couldn't deal with a regular needs pet. Misty often dunks her head in her food, and falls in her litter, but she never climbs the drapes or anything like that. I am looking for someone, maybe like my mother, to take Misty and enjoy the love that this cat has given her.
--------------------------------------
A mature, black-and-white cat with one eye and huge paws has been around the area of the Gorge/Harriet intersection for the last week or so. My neighbour has been feeding it and my wife has been giving it lots of attention. The cat seems well-socialized so I don't believe it to be a stray, but it doesn't seem to know where its home is so it has been sleeping on our deck. If you are this cat's owner or know someone who might be, please get in touch as we would like to see this cat safely returned home. Thanks.
-----------------------------------
Sadie Circles is such a special little girl who has suffered major trauma to the right side of her body. She has a broken pelvic and a broken front leg and head trauma which makes her spin in circles .. She does walk in circles but mostly spins when she is stressed. She has been spayed and vaccinated and X-rays taken of her broken bones. Her Pelvic will have to heal on its own but her broken front leg is so badly broken and it is such an old break that it has healed the way it is. The operation to fix this would be very extensive and since she runs and plays on it with the other foster kittens in the home we don't feel she is in pain so the vet recommends that it is better to leave her as is! Sadie is a very gentle loving girl who runs, plays and loves to sit on your lap for a nice nap .. If you can find a very special place in your heart for this "Spinny girl" give Pamela a email for application
-------------------------------------
Henrietta has come a long way. She was a starving abandoned cat when we received her. She had been outside fending for herself.
Her ears had become cancerous due to prolonged exposure to UV rays. To save her, we had to remove the tops of her ears, which gives her the look of a Purebred Oriental Fold!!
------------------------------------
MUST LOVE DOGS! My name is Polly Anna, and I am beautiful, smart and special (I have six toes). I am looking for a dog mate. (Yes, I love dogs) not crazy about other cats but I can live with them. My favourite playmates at my foster home are three big dogs. We play toys and they even let me eat out of their dish. I love to hang out in the kitchen with my foster mom and get my ears scratched and my fat little belly rubbed. My favourite place is my kitty pillow by the window so I can watch everything outside. I do like to go outside sometimes but mostly I like the covered patio area and the kitty house. So if there is a lonely dog out there who is kitty friendly and would like a play mate, send me an email and we can set up a date to meet.
-------------------------

Yeah....I got a good chuckle out of those.
Henrietta's picture was truly ALARMING though...a cat w/o ears is really fucked up looking.

No comments: