Thursday, March 06, 2008

operation armpit-drop

Cathy with her new friend------->


It has been a busy week....


Aunty Cathy is here spoiling the shit out of me...

cinnamon buns...fresh baked buns...bread sticks...pasta dinners...good gawd...im in heaven.

Tomorrow she is off to Nanaimo on the train for 4 days of family fun with her sister and her sproglings...

Tonight cathy and I watched THE PAINTED VEIL....sighhhh...then ROB ROY was on tv afterwards and we both wet ourselves watching Liam Neeson bed his TV wife Jessica Lange.

We went and saw VANTAGE POINT the other night...was a decent flick...

We also went and met up with Leslie, one Cathy's sisters who grew up as a *cousin* rather than a sibling...interesting stories were told over lunch at th Tudor Pub lemme tell ya...

After that they went and hung out and I had a Dr appt....yes i finally tried again to find a Dr who didnt piss me off/who would take me as a patient.

This gal was pretty damn cool i gotta say...
So far so good...she swore...she was upfront...no bullshit...and has 30 yrs experience...1st visit we got to the bottom of some shit right off the bat.
Hot Donna and Moby Dick @ the airport------>


Did any of YOU know prozac was an appetite stimulant?

FUCKKKK...talk about counterproductivity!

While I did read all the BS on prozac I think my need to feel less homicidal was more urgent than my wish to deal with my girth....sadly the last year is just going to make the next few that much harder.

woooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Anyway...

I was supposed to go see a show tonight and due to work and such couldnt go see the band I was intending on writing a story about.

I will have to catch them next time.
Cathy and Leslie ----->


I am contemplating moving into a new apartment one floor down at the back of the bldg. I went and looked at it and while it is trashed it is going to get fixed up...the view is PHENOMENAL, faces the whole city...a little bigger, way bigger kitchen area, a second bathroom....rent is 950.00 (OUCH!)

I currently pay 800, in June will be paying 825.00 so its a 125.00 difference....I can do it...I am just weighing the pros and cons of it all...

PROS:
~more privacy
~better view
~a bit more room
~bigger fridge
~no more of aylas make up mess as she will have her own bathroom in her room
~it will all be freshly painted and new carpeting
~better bedroom closets
~more breeze/open windows
~way less traffic noise and parking lot noise
~bigger room for Ayla and all her clothes that she likes to use as CARPET
~with a regular sized kitchen I think A & I will be more inspired to cook

CONS:
~moving sucks even if it is just one floor down at the other end of the bldg
~cost involved in hook up fees and mail being rerouted
~if i bust my leg and go on EI or whatever the rent is pretty steep
~itll cut down on the $ available each month to make life a little more carefree
~gets sun all day BUT (this is a pro) has more windows that open so cross winds and a breeze will save the day


Is it worth it...? I dunno...I think ill wait and see what it looks like when its all cleaned up and redone and so long as they get rid of the old granny wallpaper in the bathroom I may go for it...

I am nervous about committing to more rent though....barf.

I bought zee cat some cat grass.....she chomps it and then seems to just drop it all over the floor...
looks pretty beside her dish though...the cat has been a good source of entertainment this week....as she is a NUTTER...while she isnt being a pain in the ass she is a sweet little thing...

got a boner to see 10,000 BC when it starts this weekend...I think Cathy and I will go see it next week once she is back from Pam's...whats not to like, cute long haired guys running around in animal skins, being all caveman-ish....HELLO HOTNESS!

then we are gunna paint....i bought us little canvas frame thingies...we are goin to agree on a theme and see what the other comes up with...haha should be interesting.

No comments: