Friday, September 18, 2009

Sept 18 2009

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.

Sylvia Plath

Aint that the truth.

Another 4 am wake up today...strange and annoying.

I think - providing no disasters befall me in the near future - I have weathered this extended Jen Brain Rough Patch....it has been an unkind 3 months to my fragile yet steady as she goes psyche...the kind where you daydream about Prozac of days gone by...recalling how it was, even if ever so fleeting, to feel even & unraw.
I ponder often the dispositions ppl are born with/grow into via life experience etc...the combination of each. Interesting to see how different people gravitate to different things, behaviours, lifestyles, addictions, quirks....
Its like the lottery really...whether you will win or lose...eventually you just chose to be a winner or a loser though if you are worth your salt.

Matt Good tickets came in the mail already....holy hump! Fast and lovely! It warms my heart.

My kid was a 1st class jerk this morning before leaving at 530 to go to hot yoga...yeah u read that right, left at 530 am!
Anyway...it is always a pleasure to feel the need to point something incredibly obvious out to her that she is ignoring only to be met with a giant GO EFF YERSELF of sorts. Awwww the joy is this parenting business...pure blissful joy. Good thing nothing can kill me.

One more day of work today...then I can spend my Saturday and Sunday growing massive amounts of lung better and watch movies, drink water and cough myself to death. My experiment to exercise the shit out of myself to see if it wards off my usual severe chest cold bullshit is still on but....too early to tell if it is making a difference or not.

Work is gay as ever...while I do quite love my job I friggin hate the dynamic of the unit and will not miss the petty bullshit that gets tossed around there. I have been assigned a placement worker who is in charge of trying to find me a lateral transfer in another ministry...fingers crossed...

ELMO - Holly McNarland

I think Holly McNarland should tour opening for Matt Good please and thank you...I would love to see her live...she is one of my favorite artists...

No comments: