Tuesday, April 06, 2010

save me a spot in the line up to hell

I am sure I am going to hell for this but whatevah. READ HERE

If you are 86 and some MALE calls you claiming to be your grandkid and says he needs 10K b/c he is in jail or whatever and you assume its your grandkid (who never calls) simply b/c he is "soft spoken"...and you take 10K off your VISA and send it to him: YOU ARE AN IDIOT and you should have to pay it all back. Stupidity is not a get outta jail free card lady. You made a very costly mistake...you are embraassed and feel stupid - as you should - it was stupid. But refusing to pay? Are u fucking kidding me? Why b/c you are dumb and made a stupid choice? Gimme a break. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Can anyone imagine sending money of that amount to someone without probing the shit out of the person and verifying it all to be true, grandkid or not? (I am not defending bank greed either, we all know banks are dirty effers)

I am about to get raked over the coals on the CBC comment section over this one and I do not even care...that old lady should have to pay it back - shes lucky they waived the interest 4 her...if the bank caves and forgives it they are fucking retarded and setting themselves up for all sorts of new fraud.

I spent 5 yrs working at Money Mart...refusing to send old ppls money to Nigeria even while they had hissy fits in the the lobby saying they knew the person personally and it was for a charity, LIEING through their teeth and blah blah blah...old ppl are NOT immune to common sense...this shit is just stupid.

Someone raised a good point...if a 30 yr old got duped and did this people wouldnt feel near as bad for the person and likely wouldnt expect it be forgiven...HELLO AGEISM!!!! If it is expected old ppl cant deal with their $ properly or make sound logical decision then why do we expect that they can vote? Drive? Have a say in anything? You cant have it both ways...

5 comments:

Maggie Ellwyn said...

hey jen. call me. beg for my money. i'll call the bank and get it forgiven. we'll split it ;)

Conky said...

EXACTLY.........!

exnihlo said...

Rather than pounce on the woman, who was a victim of a crime, not the perpetrator of the crime, I would approach this in a different direction.
Our culture has never even tried to deal with the fact that human beings loose their rational faculties at some point as they age. As credit companies are the most disgusting and evil rapists ever foisted on the human race, I have no sympathy for them at all. If they are so greedy that they will allow people without functioning mental faculties access to their product, they have no right to be compensated for criminal acts.

Conky said...

what IS IT about this topic that is so friggin annoying to me?
i know credit companies and corporations in general are money grubbing fucks...i dont feel bad when they get frauded and still managed 5 billion in profits every year...but I think I am just sick of old ppl whining that they want to maintain their independence and live on their own and drive their cars and such but as soon as something like this happens they roll over like they are a newborn infant and take no responsibility...im pretty damn sure if I fell for this no one would dream of waiving the effing interest for me let alone forgiving the debt.
So this lady fell for a scam - withdrew $ from her CC and now decides she isnt paying it b/c shes old. IF that was her grandson calling & needing that $ she did not have the means to pay that back ANYWAY yet she would be expected to regardless...and by the way I think all the ladys grandkids should be ashamed of themselves.

rachael chatoor said...

I think you are right Jen, this is nonsense, and forgiving the loan would set a real dangerous precident..............