Sunday, November 07, 2010

DST Can Suck My Balls

Gawd I hate it...last night after a full day of migraine (induced by retardedly horrible blood pressure), T3's and a few drinks with friends over I realized it was DST and proceeded to turn the clocks FORWARD an hour in the presence of Graeme, Amanda and Erin - none of which had the ability to see this error and correct b4 it was too late. So at 8 am I wake up all mind-fucked....and think "wow its super dark out..." - I go about my morning and see the computer says its 623 am...but all the clocks I changed say its 823... ----------INSERT SILENCE HERE------------...for fucks sake...I am up on a Sunday at 6 a-fucking-m for no good reason.... I ended up going 4 a walk...its now 813 am for real....and I feel like I have been up for days already...

So now I am listening to Rick Springfield (and other 80's delights like Sheena Easton, Aldo Nova, Missing Persons, etc) & writing to you fine ppl...I finished the RS memoir...sigh...Erin already borrowed it...The time line in which he wrote the book was interesting b/c as I read it I would think back to where I lived and what I was doing at the same time and gauge the RS love I had going on at that time...it never went away but I had phases...here are the music phases as they happened in my life:
GRADE 4-5: The Cars, ABBA, Crystal Gayle, Grease Soundtrack, Bee Gees, Trooper, K-Tel LPs & 8 Tracks!
GRADE 6-7: The Babys, Pat Benatar, Loverboy, Rick Springfield
GRADE 8-10: Motley Crue and all other 80s hair metal crap
GRADE 11-12: Metallica, Queensryche, Anthrax, etc
The summer after grade 12 all I listened to for the whole summer working in Lake Louise was April Wine....that is seriously it...well and Chris DeBurgh but not by choice...we were only allowed to have 1 channel on the tv at work while we cleaned hotel rooms and it looped Chris DeBurgh ALL FUCKING DAY...I went from knowing not one of his sings to now knowing the lyrics for everything that was looped that summer.
By the time I was 19 I stumbled upon an album by Pearl Jam called TEN - prior to the grunge explosion when I lived in Vancouver...I fell instantly in love...then all the fucking sudden in about a span of 6 mths to a year TEN was all over the fucking place and Pearl Jam hit the big time...and Grunge swallowed me up...til after I was knocked up in 1993....once I gave birth to the evil maternal heart breaker I live with now in 1994 the mommy hormones swept in and it was all about Sarah McLachlan and Jewel kinda stuff for a few years...somewhere around then Matthew Good entered my psyche via my brother...which would lay dormant really until 2002ish. In the mean time I shed the girly music and morphed back into kick ass....

Wow...how fucking boring was that for all of u? lol I like how I talk like I have a giant audience or something. ha ha haaaaa

OFFSPRING TALK is OFF LIMITS. I lack the coping skills to properly deal with how I am feeling currently and just wanna get the fuck out of this life for a few days and be someone else...and I am gunna be someone else and go visit my lovely Aunty Cathy - which is LONG OVER DUE...Wed night - Monday night JENNIFER HAS LEFT THE BLDG.

Good times with the lesbos last night...it was GEEKS IN THE LIVING ROOM and COOLNESS IN THE KITCHEN last night...Graeme and Amanda played zombie killing Wii shit and talked incessantly about nerdy shit all night whilst drinking and eating hummus...Me and Erin sat in the kitchen laughing at the nerds in the living room and talked about some serious shit. lol Although im sure Amanda and Graeme would argue that zombie survival tactics is VERY SERIOUS SHIT.

I love you Charlie Sexton...I am sorry you had to beat so lonely - you wouldn't have if I was there.
CLICK That is SO gunna be my next FB status.
I am off at noon to hang with Lisa and Jackie today...lunch, some bulk shopping, a movie...gunna see DUE DATE...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so do you have the time right yet?

arfletcher said...

Seriously though - none of us, including you, was in any position to be thinking about stuff like that!!!

And zombie killing tactics are UBER important! :)

Cyndy said...

I wish you lots of strength.