Wednesday, November 02, 2011

People Watching

Sometimes when I am standing in public, headphones on looking around, feeling like I am in a movie...I look at how many other ppl have headphones on and wonder what they are listening to. I always find it amusing when ppl are singing/mouth along to the lyrics or are really grooving...mostly it is either young kids with that level of uninhibited public displays of music lovery (I made up the word LOVERY) or people who look like they are out on a day pass. I was listening to a Sam Roberts song...and it reminded me of the concert (which was incredibly kick ass) and I wanted to start jumping around and spazzing out but...you know...that’s not ‘cool’ haha Plus I am a terrible dancer/spazzer and it looks funny and not in a good way.

Then I started thinking how cool it would be if ppl actually just DID react to music how they felt in the moment...and I imagined ppl bee-bopping while they walked downtown and crooning all intensely...I imagined my friend Shawn giving his best Back Street Boy performance with raw, gut churning emotion with a tear running down his cheek...ha ha ha then I started to laugh just thinking about how the ppl I knew would be in this little brain music video of mine...Guy listening to the Clash looking stoic and superior (in my pretend music video he would wear headphones even though in real life he won’t risk any of his hearing for such sillery - I made up the word SILLERY too)... Adele listening to Adam Ant doing her fun arm gestures, looking like a new wave/goth princess...Alex rocking the shit out of some old punk song I don’t know, pushing some lady wearing Gucci into the cement wall that is the Bank of Montreal...my kid doing some attitudinal (made up that word too) Tupac gangsta hiphop jiggerdoo down the sidewalk...Mary doing a Tawny Kitaen 80’s metal sex kitten prance/hair flip whilst mouthing the words to Whitesnake...Connie with her Skid Row shirt on looking cuter than Sebastian Bach, devil horning to the raunch of classic Motley Crue...I could go on and on...

Using ppl you know as templates could make this a really funny thing...not being a film maker prohibits me from actually doing this of course...and really...sometimes my fab ideas are better kept in my head since my ideas tend to only please me anyway...

There are a couple of BUS PEOPLE I really try to avoid...1) The old crazy lady...she has white hair and is not right at all...she is rather spry for her age though that is not really a good thing if you sit beside her b/c she will lean her head fwd and start scratching her head while all her dandruff falls off her head RIGHT BESIDE YOU...needless to say I NEVER sit near her and if she sits near me I move b/c she is too weird and I don’t want any of her on me! Now while she does indeed repulse me i still wish i knew her story b/c I am sure she has an interesting one. I wonder if she has been mentally ill her whole life...if she has kids...What do they think of her...Where does she live...is she tidy?...Can she carry on a conversation? Is she dangerous? 2) This last is more scary than just odd...if I heard about a small, native/asian/south american (I cannot tell exactly what her ethnic background is) stabbing someone on the bus with a short concealed knife I would know EXACTLY who it was immediately. I have often though she was thinking of killing ppl right at that very moment...she looks scary...she growls...scowls...she mumbles...and carries weird shit in her like busted dolls etc...she looks more angry than I do. Same with her I have questions...if she has always been sick...does she have good support...what does she love...does anything ever make her smile?

There is a guy at Boston Pizza whenever I am there...he sits alone in relatively the same spot each time...Maybe it’s the cheap pasta Tuesday every time – I am not sure about his pattern, only my own. haha ~ Anyhow...he is creepy as fuck and not in a mentally ill kind of way – it is in a predator creep asshole kind of way...I watch him watch women who walk by...I feel him watching me as I walk by...he is gross. He exudes creepiness...he doesn’t even try to appear normal...the good thing about men like this is they are not covert or tricky...they are so obviously disgusting and have questionable intentions where women are concerned that I cannot imagine any human with an iota of common sense or mindfulness being lured by such a douche. Same with him – I wonder why he is the way he is...where he lives...if he has ever followed through with his Jen Perceived Creepiness...what happened to him in his life to make him look so shady and sneery...

People watching...so fun. Wonder what it says about me that I seem so fascinated by the mentally ill?

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Now, of course, I will be imaging all my people in their own mental music videos all day! I only hope I can make up some good words to go along with the images.

Great post, made me think as well as laugh.

Adele said...

Haha! You make me feel uber cool! I'm gonna playing that music video game in my head too!