Wednesday, November 23, 2011

you know you have arrived when...

...The doctor tells you that you are deformed...it is right up there with that memorable 1st time a doctor labels you as obese...OUT LOUD! Ok maybe not DEFORMED but that you have something with the word 'deformity' in it. HAGLUND'S DEFORMITY
He says the heel spurs actually are causing me no pain at all...wrong area entirely...fair enough.
I am somewhat reluctant about the 'shoe rub' connection...I feel no resistance or pain via wearing my regular shoes...no sign of rubbing...except at the end of my shoes life the inside heel area is wore out...so wtf do I know? I figure I will give his ideas a go...new backless shoes, anti-inflammatory ointment, an ultrasound, light walking...then revisit in a few mths...if it doesn't help then I can contemplate a shot of cortisone into the area (oh so effing gross to even think about a needle poking into an already tender area)...he seems convinced it will go away no problem...
Oh to be so sure about things.

Being back to work has been ok...my co-worker did a pretty good job keeping my work up to date in my absence so I returned to only minor chaos...very nice!

House has been pretty quiet without Cathy around...not near as tidy either...
Was happy to hear she got herself a Wii on the way home...she should really enjoy that...


6 days til MATTHEW GOOD...I am getting more excited by the day...seriously looking fwd to this show.  Lindsey saw him in Calgary last week and was raving about the new album sounding SO good live....

::SQUEEEEEL::

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Haglund's Deformity sounds so much cooler than Hump Bump. And yet I am sure it is nasty and painful and hope that the new approach works.

I am now convinced that one leg is shorter than the other, and that's at the cause of my weird gait and IT band issues. Give it up for self-diagnosis!

Conky said...

you said HUMP BUMP hahahahahaha its PUMP BUMP but i like yours better b/c it is proof u are a horny lady hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Bwaaahahahaa! No, it proves I can't read!